Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Bloody Fertility Clinic

Hi ladies, well we went for our fertility appointment and I thought that today we would be getting the final answers to our questions and they would be making the recommendations... anyway get there my results from my internal scanning have come back good and I don't have PCOS which is fab, then we get to my hubby's results.... she said your not going to like this.... we both held our breath and she went on to say that as she had filled in the wrong form last time they refused to do the sample and he would have to do another one... she then said has no one written to you??!! Erm NO and that was 5 weeks ago... so now we have to wait another 5 weeks get the test in and then go back for our recommendations... I asked if we could go private now as if we have IUI or IVF we have to pay she said get what you can on the NHS... that's fine and I can see why she said it but for my own sanity I need to know now what we are going to do... I asked her about acupuncture and she said save your money and go when you have IVF if that's what you need.... I felt like saying for a start you don't know what my budget is to spend and if we go for IVF it will be in the next couple of month so maybe I need to get my body ready.... she is the dippiest doctor I have ever met and we have met her a few times now... I can't face changing and will sit it out now for another 5 weeks but then I want something done.... PMA I know!! Anyway moan over Emma xxx

Replies

• oh Emma, thats awful...I can only imagine how you might be feeling. That happened to me in the case of a test I was waiting for a few years ago (not TTC related) and al you want to do is scream and say why haven't you called/written before now - 5 weeks is a long time when it's on your mind all the time....it's for this reason we have gone private so far - its such a different approach (some would say it should be if you're paying through the nose i know) however, we're not yet at IUI or IVF (altho could be at our next app in Dec)
    hang in there and try to find that PMA again - your results are positive and i'm sure OHs will be too...xxxxxxxxx
  • oh Emma, thats awful...I can only imagine how you might be feeling. That happened to me in the case of a test I was waiting for a few years ago (not TTC related) and al you want to do is scream and say why haven't you called/written before now - 5 weeks is a long time when it's on your mind all the time....it's for this reason we have gone private so far - its such a different approach (some would say it should be if you're paying through the nose i know) however, we're not yet at IUI or IVF (altho could be at our next app in Dec)
    hang in there and try to find that PMA again - your results are positive and i'm sure OHs will be too...xxxxxxxxx