Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Back off Hols & IUI has begun!!!! UPDATE 2 !!!!!

Hi Ladies
Well i'm back from Holidays had a fab time!!!!! I had my baseline scan yesterday, my uterus is retroverted (tiliting Back) which i didn't know until yesterday & i have several follicles on my left ovary 6mm and under and several on my right ovary 5m and under!!!! They also found a 1cm hemorragic cyst on my right ovary but they said not to worry about that so trying not too..... Started the dreaded 1st of the injections this afternoon which were no where near as bad as i expected so i've got 2 a day from tomorrow on wards until clinic tells me to stop, so next week we will be really busy got scan's on Mon 26th & Wed 28th then hopefully insemmination on Friday 30th Oct in the morning so i'm willing at least one follicle (prefferably 2) to grow big and strong 17mm's is the goal!!!! i was getting really impatient for this treatment to start now i'm really nervous in case i'm disappointed again but trying to keep my PMA up......
Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well? sending sticky baby dust to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:\)

[Modified by: Sianni on 26 October 2009 23:44:45 ]

[Modified by: Sianni on 28 October 2009 21:38:49 ]

Replies

• Hi Sianni

Glad to see you back & that you had a great holiday!
    Will be keeping everything crossed for you so that your lovely follicles grow big n strong!
    Ive had a few wobbles over the past few days after keeping up the PMA,so i know sometimes its hard. We have just got to keep looking on the bright side,(easier said than done i know).
    Sending you loads of supersticky babydust & follicle growing magic! xxx
  • Oh wishing you loads of luck sianni. I can understand your anxiety - it's perfectly natural to feel that way. have you got anything you can do to help you relax and remain positive over next few weeks (e.g., acupuncture, reflexology, beuaty treatments etc)? Keep us updated xx
  • Thanks For the replies Ladies!!! TBD i'm considering reflexology my auntie is having it done at the moment and apparently she's brilliant but i've got psoriasis on my feet so bit embaressed to get my feet out for her so we'll see, PMA is better today had my two jabs this afternoon hurt today but not too badly......looking forward to my scan on monday to see how the follicles are coming on fingers n toes crossed lol!!!! hope everyone has had a good day xxxxxx
  • Hi Sianni, Great to hear you've got started - it's so good to feel you're doing something positive at last, isn't it?!

I wouldn't worry about your feet - I'm sure an experienced reflexologist will have seen worse than a bit of psoriasis and won't bat an eyelid. I've only tried reflexology once, and she talked all the way through it, which for me made it much less relaxing, but my SIL had just one session after TTC for 16 months and the next month she was pregnant - she swears it was the reflexology that did it!

Keeping everything crossed for some good sized follicles and successful treatment. xx
  • Good luck honey, im starting iui in jan, so really looking to see some positive expereinces!

Im also thinking about reflexology, i figure if it helps the cycles i'd much rather pay a little bit extra if it means it increases my chances and i then dont have to fund further IVF cycles. (plus its nice to get pampered!)

also thinking about starting yoga to help with breathing and relaxation.. anybody else doing it?

Good Luck again honey, fingers crossed for you

Gem xxx

• Hi Sianni,
    just wanted to say good luck with your IUI and I hope it goes really well for you, all appendages crossed! xxx
  • Hi Sianni,
    just wanted to say good luck with your IUI and I hope it goes really well for you, all appendages crossed! xxx
  • Sianni

Best of luck with the treatment, and that's great the injections were too bad.

I would recommend reflexology. I had regular treatments in 2008, and got a BFP (which sadly didn't last). I have started them again, and really don't worry about your feet - they are professionals!

Fingers crossed for you.
  • Hi Ladies

Hope the PMA's holding up for everyone!!! Well i had my scan today after starting injections last week (have been enjoying some side effects nightsweats along with spots and being really bloated)but that being said everything is looking as if it's on track i have one 11mm follicle and one 10mm follicle, and the lining of my womb is at 7mm with 3bands which is perfecto thickness, so increased my dosage for today's injections and another scan Wed morning to see how they are doing ooooooh hopefully friday is D day all going well...........am feeling really positive at the moment still apprehensive and nervous aswell though, trying not to get toooo excited that this could be my month

well that's my ramble for tonight will keep you posted on how it goes!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well?

Sianni xxxxx;\)
  • Sianni fantastic to hear that the follicles are growing image I have everything crossed for you sweetie,
    xxx
  • Best of luck sweetheart!
    Will keep an eye out for updates and am hoping you have some good news to share xx
  • Just wanted to say yay for the lovely growing follicles and wish you the very best of luck! I hope to see a lovely BFP post from you soon!!

S xx
  • Yay...good luck sweeite. Will be looking out for more announcements!! xx
  • Hey Lovely Ladies thanks for all the replies heres my news from todays visit to the hospital, here goes Well i had my scan today we've got 1 follicle at 13mm so no insemmination on friday :\( as not at that magical 16mm's, so they've doubled the dosage of my injections (Fun my hormones are all over the place as it is i'm very laid back normally takes a hell of alot to get my back up but i lost the plot last night OH is home from work with a broken toe and i got home from work at 5.30 last night totally shattered and emotional to a house like a tip, sink full of dishes and he's still in his dressing gown playing xbox arghhhhh not good so i flipped washed the dishes with tears streaming down my face, it's a broken toe not two broken bloody hands god alive sorry for going off on a tangent there i'm just soooh annoyed i've got bad arthritis affecting all my joints and 85% of my body is covered in psoriasis and i still clean, cook, work and get everything done regardless of the pain god i'm off again sorry) anyway i've got another scan friday and hopefully insemmination on Monday so everything is crossed big time Come on follicles it's only 3 bloody mm how hard can it be LOL!!!!! hope everyone has had a good day, keep you posted thanks again you're support has been unbelieivably Helpful and kept me from losing my mind xxxxxx