Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just been to 2nd appointment and wish I had lied!

Feel awful! I have just got back from the consultants after being on metformin for 3 months with having 1 period! I got told at my 1st appointment that if I wasn't pregnant in 3 months I'd be given clomid to help us conceive! When I went today and saw the head honcho he asked if I'd had a period to which I answered honestly so he said therefore carry on with the metformin for another 3 months! He said that I MAY ovulate even though I have been using My CBFM and know I haven't this month! I left in tears! I really thought I'd be pregnant by the end of this year but now I know I won't be! I don't feel any better on the met and think my period was just coincidence! The more I think about the more down hearted I get! I so want to be a mummy, will I ever get there?
Sorry for the rant I just needed to let off steam!
I've got a wedding to go to this weekend where people are going to be asking me about having babies! I don't know how I am going to cope, feel like I'm spiralling into depression!
So sorry to off load on you x

Replies

• Hi Wannbemummy, I know how hard it is and everything and I am so sorry that you are so down but you WILL get there. You honestly may have ovulated, I am assuming that you are on metformin because of PCOS. CBFM are not accurate for PCOS sufferers, I never got a positive on it or on ovulation sticks because of my PCOS.
    Sending you some PMA... Take care, xx
  • aw hun, i'm sorry to hear your so upset and i can understand why too. but i keep telling myself not to tempt fate and pretend about stuff. xx
  • Hun i took before metoformin had to stop coz made me fell so sick all the time you should had tell you doctor u fell like this and he would say for you to stop taking i did and now i take clomid i dont belive metoformin work sorry