Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Finally heard from my holidaying consultant !!

and I got 3, yes 3, letters in one day!!

So I have an appointment for another scan on 15 December followed by an appointment with the consultant and he is scheduling me in for the Laparoscopy to remove the cyst on my right ovary (suspected Endometrioma) and a dye study at the sametime early in the new year.

I've never been so nervous and excited (strangely) at the same time - I am finally getting somewhere, but totally scared about having a general as I've never had to have one before or anything.

hey ho it is at least a step in the right direction!

xx

Replies

• Fab news Jules!!
    I know what you mean about feeling nervous and excited!! I was excited about my Lap & Dye Op - weird i know.. but its fab to know that you are getting somewhere!!
  • Hiya,
    sounds like were in the same situation!
    Im having a scan soon to check up on my cyst on Right ovary. I have another appt with gyne in Feb to book my laparoscopy for possible endometriosis and cyst!
    Im aslo nervous about the op as never had general or any op at all.
    thankfully ive had loads of ladies on here reassurring me that its not that bad so now Im also excited that something will be done and it will take us closer to getting our BFP!
    good luck, how long have you been ttc? xx
  • Thanks Boo and Claire-ski - it really is quite excited, I honestly thought I'd never get excited about having an operation :roll: :lol:

Hi fiona, I remember you from the TTC forum, I've been trying now for just coming up to 4 years and 6 months... its taken since May to get to this point what with hubby's SA tests (he had to have 3 before we could get referred) and my blood tests, then consultants waiting lists, then folliwng months scanning and finally him bugg@ring off on holiday - left it another month!!

Oh well - getting somewhere now at least. I've never been so relived to have something wrong and fingers crossed the op will clear things up a bit to get us that BFP otherwise I believe the next step is IVF - locally we only get one attempt on the NHS so fingers crossed it doesn't come to that hey.

Good luck fiona and keep us posted on how you get on.

2009 WILL be a good BFP year for us all - see PMA is on the up image

xxx
  • yeah I thought I recognised you too but wasnt sure without your avatar. Blimey 4 1/2 years I thought a year was bad. But I suppose any amount of time is long when you really want a baby. Im glad something is finally happening for you. Im also relieved I have something wrong in a strange way, Ive wanted to know whats wrong with me for ages so at least I know its not all in my head and something can be done about it.
    I hope 2009 will be a good year because 2008 definatly didnt prove to be! fingers crossed x
  • Hey cyclebud (well past cycle bud as who knows what my body is doing! LOL)

That's great news!! And a lap is something to look forward to - it'll be fine I promise. I hadn't had a general until two months ago and they're great - you won't notice a thing - the worst part is having the canula in your hand, lol!

I'm so glad to hear you're getting somewhere - here's to 2009 - let's face it it can't be much worse that 2008!! I'm promising myself no hospital visits in 2009 unless for positive reason!!

So many people fall preg after a dye test and they say it clears everything out! So here's hoping!

I'm going to see consultant friday and hoping we'll get the all clear for ttc again - i'll be on day 12 so hope its not too late.

Rach x
  • Hi Rach (aka cycle bud!)

A quick fall in 2009 would be fantastic - that's the plan!!
    Let me know how you get on on Friday won't you... I am sure it won't be too late (we now just know what you'll be doing on Friday night :lol: )

I saw your other post - chin up, you've been through a hard time recently and it is not surprising that every now and then you are going to get upset about it and be more vunerable to picking up those nasty bugs that are going around. Allow yourself the time to get frustrated, angry, annoyed, pi$$ed off - get it out of your system so that when you do get the all clear you are fighting fit and raring to go.

Lots of Vitamin C for you Mrs - Ju's orders image

xxx
  • know we've already txt but so chuffed for you honey!! fingers crossed for us both being 'bare foot and pregnant in 2009'!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hey hunny,

Thanks - I know I'm just feeling sorry for myself - i've had pregnacare today (which contains 100% rda of vic c) a separate 1000mg and four satsumas - think i might have enough lol. I'm determined to wake up feeling better tomorrow!!

Rach x
  • fantastic news... sounds like way forward for the new year and after such a long time that must be a strange kind of relief.
    XX