Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello, can I join you please?

Hello all,
I'm afraid to admit I have been "lurking" here quite a bit, but too scared to post! I tried posting a few times on TTC, but I really don't think it is for me. I've been TTC for 14 months, I'm 38 and trying for my first. TBH I'm scared I left it too late and it isn't meant to be. Had various tests including HSG last Monday and I believe the next step is clomid.
Best wishes and positive thoughts to all!
Smiley XXX

Replies

• I am sorry you have had to join us ladies here in LTTTC. I hope your stay isnt to long and i do mean that in the nicest way possible. :\) Thats a good thing you have been for tests and pos starting clomid. I am just waiting on AF so i can start my 1st round of clomid. Fingers crossed everything works out well for you and you get your BFP. XX
  • Hi smileycat and welcome. The ladies on here are lovely and helpful. We are all at varying atages in our ltttc journey, which is nice as there is always someone who understands what you're going through. I'm 32 and ttc my first too. Don't give up hope, sometimes is just takes people a little longer. it's great that you have got the ball rolling with tests now so I'm sure your long-awaited bfp is just around the corner x
  • Hi Smiley and welcome. Congrats on getting this far - some of the tests aren't for faint hearted! It sounds as though your HSG went well? Not sure what your other tests have showed, but if you are OVing then some girls have found the HSG gives their tubes a bit of a "clear out" and their BFP has come in the next month. There are also some fab clomis success stories.

About me: I'm about to turn 36, and have been TTC our first for 2 years. I have PCO, but not PCOS, and we have some male factor issues - below average motility and morphology. We had four rounds of IUI (all unsuccessful) in 2009, and we are undergoing our first round of IVF now.

There is masses of knowledge and support on this board, and in the nicest possible way I hope your stay here is very short.
  • Welcome - everyone here is really knowledgeable and you'll find it very reassuring to have somewhere to come and chat and vent your thoughts.

Has your OH had any tests yet? Sometimes it's easy to blame the girl and in my case and others, it is often a male problem.x
  • welcome to LTTC.

I am 35 and TTC with my first!

Good luck to you.

xx

• Thanks to you all for your replies! You have made me feel very welcome indeed.
    Mrs D - thanks for that. I did read somewhere that HSG might "clear things out" so fingers crossed. Best of luck with your IVF. Fingers crossed for you.
    Mrsj36 - DH had SA and it was fine. My HSG was fine too, so we are currently "unexplained" as I OV and have regular AF. Consultant told me that if HSG was OK the next step is clomid.
    Thanks again,
    xx
  • Hello smileycat

I'm new too - TTC 15 mths now, just starting to go for tests (oh fun!). I'm 30 - but not in the best possible shape, so trying to fix all that as well. Ho hum!

Lots of babydust to you

xxx
  • Hello Eclecticmermaid,
    I love the username! It's great to hear from you - there are several of us on month 15 TTC. Hopefully it will be our turn for BFP soon. Good luck with everything and lots of babydust.
    xx