Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

SA - far TMI but i have to ask...

Hey ladies!!!

I have not been on for a while as taken time out to deal with m/c.

HB has just had his 2nd SA results which we worse than the 1st ones...mainly because he 'spilt' at least 1/2 of 'it' instead of catching it all in the little jar (told you tmi sorry!!!)
He had a similar problem the 1st time round aswell..honestly these men!!!! :roll:

Can't believe I am about to write this but I don't know who else to ask so here it goes....
Do any of you know how your HB / OH managed to 'do the business' and catch sperm in the little jar they give you without spilling it!?!

I only ask because he now has to try for a 3rd time and each time he gets more anxious that he is going to not 'catch' it all and this in turn makes it all worse...

Sorry to ask, grateful for any replies!!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Muppet,

Time out always helps. I'm on and off BE all the time, sometimes I feel guilty when I'm 'back' because it's normally to ask for some advice for myself about something and I then realise that I've missed someone else's news or problems. But then I think everyone's the same:\)

Regarding the 'catching' issue, my DH has also had to 'produce' 2 samples and it's sooo stressful isn't it!?!

What he tends to do is (tmi) roll over onto his side towards the 'end' and aim straight in!!!:roll:

I can hardly bear to look, let alone be in the same room!!!! But he insists I have to be there, which I've decided to take as a compliment!!!

For some reason though, both times he has hardly produced any semen!!!!!! It's about 1/5 of the amount he normally does!!?!! I have no idea why? Also last time he managed to get some nasty scratches/grazes in a very delicate area by holding the pot a little too close I think:roll::roll:

His first result was normal, getting the second on Tuesday- should be fine though as I got (briefly) pregnant the month they were taken!!!!!!!!! (5 weeks since mc now)

Good luck Muppet!
    Love, Kiz xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Muppet,

We had a similar problem.

Both times OH has insisted that I assist him as he said he's not comfortable doing himself into a pot. Both times not much was produced and OH said it was because it is hard to get turned on by a pot!

The first time most of it missed and the lab wrote back saying they couldn't test it as it must of spilt in transit, Nope!

Get ready, TMI - The second time we got a bigger plastic pot did it into that and then scooped it into the test pot.

Results came back all fine, so must of worked ok.
  • Options
    Hey Muppet
    Hope you are feeling a little better.
    i think the size of the specimen pots is a little economical. I know from work that there are sterile containers with wider apertures
    Don't let OH worry about splilling a bit as they test numbers per millileter. ie they look at a small volume of the sample. Measure the numbers swimmers in that and multiply it up for the count. Although ejaculation volume is meant to be between a certain number of millileters.. cant remember the range. OH could note down that he lost a bit

PS those containers are way toooo small for ladies urine samples too!!
  • Options
    Hey muppet, hope your okay.. sorry about the mmc. ((big hugs))

Just asked hubby - (can't say this in any polite way, sorry!)

When he was about to come he put the head of his penis directly into the jar. All the sperm released fell into the jar. Said he didn't experience any spillage or lost lil men....

Hope that helps?! 3rd time lucky image

xx
  • Options
    Hiya girls!!

Thanks for all your tips - Angel Wings, my HB also insists that I 'assist' him with the job in hand (excuse the pun - LOL!!!) so I know how you feel.

We tried putting tip into the top of pot just before his little swimmers came to the surface but i think this is why not much came out because he didn't go all the way so to speak!! God there is no easy way of writing this is there!!! Still, it is making me laugh :lol:

Def hope 3rd time lucky....what this space...just waiting for an appointment to come through :roll:
  • Options
    Hi Girls my OH has to go for A in 4-5 weeks so this has been most helpful for us too - he wants to know why there isn't a sexy nurse there to 'give him a hand' .......dirt bird!!!
  • Options
    My oh has to give a sample soon and is very worried about it. He doesnt do manual at the best of times, his take is he doesnt need to when he has me! lol Its meant as a compliment bless him.
    I know its giving him sleepless nites but at least we have a few tips for catching them now! lol
    I read on the net that you can get special condoms for use during sex and then the sample is caught so to speak! Worth thinking about if 3rd time doesnt go too well xx