Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what happens after 6 months of Clomid? Any ideas???

Hi there,

I have just taken my 4th month of Clomid and only have 2 more months left at 100g, This all seems to e working as each Day 21 blood shows I am ovulating. Having issues around BDing, basically we're not at the moment as it is putting too much presure on my DH and we're not managing to seal the deal so to speak.

My worry is that once I have taken the last 2 months of Clomid, if we're not managing to BD anywhere near my fertile period, it means obviously I'm not going to get pregnant.

Does anyone know what happens after 6 months of Clomid as I have been told thats all I can have. Do you have a break and then start again in a couple of months??

Waiting for my HSG results but not booked into Hospital until 21st Dec so am trying to get these before then as I couldnt bear Xmas to be ruined by being told I have blocked tubes as well as PCOS.

Thanks

xxxx

Replies

• Hey hon,

I could have written this, i am in exactly your postion, 4 months of clomid only 2 left and no bd'ing around crucil times, (check out my previous posts about embarrassing problems).

I am also really concerned that i have wasted my chance on clomid and now will be looking at ivf, i am seeing my consult on tuesday so i'll let you know what he says.

I know how your feeling

Gem x
  • Hi Gem78,

I remember now that we have similar situations. Unfortunately my DH has suffered with these problems for about 2 years and sometimes its not a problem but the last month it has been and now we wont be trying to BD to get his confidence back.

I wonder whether to stop using the Clomid until we are on a good run of BDing but then I might not get any periods or ovulate.

I wonder if IUI is the next option, times insemination as it's not that he can't perform, just not when we need to. I don't know if this is classed as IVF or not???

Look forward to hearing from you after your consult on Tuesday xxxx GOOD LUCK
  • I was with a private consultant and on clomid which we were going to try for 6 months. On my third cycle I was on the 150mg dosage which is when we were lucky to conceive. After the 6 months we were intending to go down the ivf route but it was more us driving this as we would have had to pay for it ourselves to go privately and I just didnt want to wait anymore. Im not sure what the case would be if on the NHS if that is what you are doing (it would depend on your age, circumstances and history, the area you live etc), but if you are private then you should be able to drive your plans if you are paying for it.

Hubby and I were also having problems dealing with the pressure around ov time, him more than me since he needed to do the action to seal the deal so to speak. Our consultant basically banned me from telling him when I ovulated. I can only suggest that you try to bd throughout the month in no regular manner and just try to land it when you are ovulating. He will then feel less pressured, and more valued that you want to do the deed with him because you fancy it, not just ttc. I know it's hard having been there myself but try to put the fun back into it so you both enjoy it again as it will take the pressure off both of you.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope your HSG results come back with something positive.

xx
  • Thanks Sim75. Unfortunately my DH problems happened before we started trying for a baby but I do think the added pressure of knowin we want a baby makes it worse. I don't talk to him about dates etc and I am not testing for OV so at the moment he is just on a bad run of failures so it makes trying harder.

We should be fine to get IVF on NHS for 2 tries but not sure if IUI is classed as IVF,
  • After 6mths of clomid its IVF - i'm in this position, not last cycle and been told got to lose weight and go back in april of referral for IVF x