Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Have you had any tests done

Hi, we have had 3 x blood tests, 1 x sperm (another one booked), 1 x vaginal swabs, 1 x lap and dye, 1 x folical tracking, 1 x hormone for OH, 1 x Chlaymedia (not sure of spelling) to determine if we have got any reason to not be PG. I have a 7 year old daughter OH has no children we have been trying 3 years and 3 months. In that time I have had stage 3 pre-cancerour cells that needed to be removed and 3 x smear tests since... everything is now fine so fingers crossed for us and you all xxx

Replies

• Hi

We have had 2 lots of blood tests, chlymidia testing, sperm tests, lap and dye - they all came back normal. Got a hospital appointment the 12th November if i still havent gotten pregnant then they are gona put me on clomid.

Been trying for 19months by the way.

Goodluck to you all.

jen xx
  • Hi,

We are on year 4, month 2 of TTC... we didn't go to the Dr's until June (which was the 4 year point) as we weren't too worried until after our wedding which was last September when we properly started to do everything we could i.e. BBT / OPK's / etc etc... when that didn't do anything we went to the Dr's.

To be fair to my GP they have been great and immediately booked me in for Day 3 and Day 21 bloods - both came back "normal" (whatever that means!) so they then wanted hubby testing - he's had one SA which came back not great (below average rapid mobility, and morphology - basically in need of GPS and a firecracker!) so he's goes back tomorrow for 2nd test and then again on 28 August for a 3rd test - basically they look at the average results across the board.

So who knows what will happen next.

For background neither of us have had children before or even during those 4 years even had a scare - so I am pretty worried that we are going to end up going down the assisted conception route... I guess we are back to the waiting game.

In the meantime we are just trying not to stress about it and just enjoy life... fingers crossed that will help too.

I used to post a lot on the TTC but over the last few months I've found it hard to be there because of all the BFPs for what seems like new joiners to the forum - it is so nice to have somewhere to chat to those that are also going through difficulties or have been trying for a long time.

Much babydust for us all.

xxxx
  • Hi girlies

I've tried posting a couple of time but nothing seems to work?!

SO FAR...... 3x blood tests for me after v. long cycles, been refered to gyne who diagnosed PCOS after a scan i had back in January, DH sent for SA (which he still hasn't done :cry: ), booked in for more bloods, sent for HSG/lap & dye but only ended up having the HSG which showed that both my tubes are badly blocked.....

Since then things seem to be getting worse as i have now had af for 3 weeks and its V V V heavy with massive clots :\? which to be honest is terrifying me......

Nest step :\? :\? i've no idea i do have a follow up appointment for the 18th november but had that through b4 the HSG so hoping they might ask to see me earlier???? i'm hoping they may offer to unblock my tubes, otherwise it will be IVF for us.

Background: we already have one beautiful DD together and was lucky enough to fall pg in dec 2007 but mc after a RTA, which they think may also have caused my tubes to be blocked.

So glad they've set up this forum had said goodbye in normal ttc as its just so hard being left behind and seeing "newbies" getting bfps so early, and as great as it is to pass on the ttc knowledge we've learnt i'm fed up of seeing the same questions over and over :lol: !!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • what we all go through to get our bfp's!! xx I feel like I have prodded and poked more than I shoudl of been and now when the nurse says "Pop off your bottoms lie on the coach and put this over you" I feel like sayin I have had my "foof" out for so many people crack on... lol xxx
  • LMAO :lol::lol:

I'm exactly the same as soon as i'm in the room i'm naked from the waist down with out batting eye lid and never think twice to have a chat while some doctors popping instruments up my bits *note sugical variety not musical* have even stopped asking for female doctors their all the same to me!!!

God the things we do!!!
    xxxxxxxxx
  • Crikey all these tests everyone's having!! Pretty hard going isnt it?

I have been prodded and poked a bit but not as much as some of you. They asked if I wanted a lap and dye done to check my tubes - but I cringed and ran away (not literally). I figured that seens as I havent had any down below infections - it was most likely an unnecasery (spellin!) experience.

Been for the next round of blood tests today - progesterone, LH, FSH Oestradiol and Prolactin (21 day bloods) - so I shall phone the lab for the results tomoz - watch this space....
    Due and MRI scan very soon to check if I have a benign tumour on my pit gland, if I have the pesky thing will be the cause of all these troubles - question answered - phew. If not then who knows - go onto clomid and hope things settle down.

You know when they put that laporoscope up your fanjita (tmi) does anyone here find it massively painful when they pull it out. They only did it to me once to have a lookey at my cervix and what not and I now have a MASSIVE phobia of having it done again as it hurt loads! Then I couldnt even bd for a day or so afterwards - just the thought of having anyhting up there sent me into cringy flappy overdrive!! lol Just wondered

xx
  • I have had 3 blood tests, OH has had 2 SA (all fine), I went for a HSG, but it didn't work properly, so I then had a Lap and Dye 3 weeks ago, and hopefully this month will be it.

We had an ectopic in November 2006 (honeymoon baby) and they removed my right tube, and we have been trying ever since.

When I had my lap and dye, they found I had a polyp which they removed and also some endometriosis which they treated with a laser straight away.

Fingers crossed we all get our BFP's soon!

• I got my results from my 21 day bloods today and my progesterone was 37 - which was vvvv good cos that shows that I at least ovulated. BUT my prolactin was still at 1196, so my theory is that Im releasing immature eggs cos I wont have much FSH floating around in my follicular phase.
    I started getting af like pains last night, 6 dpo so Im thinking my luteal phase is short as well.

Any advice/experiences anyone??

Bring on 27th Aug when I see the consultant!