Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My daughter had a miscarriage - I am a sad mom and grandma

My daughter was 9 weeks along and had a miscarraige. It is tearing my heart apart knowing she is suffering from her loss. This just happened 2 days ago and she lives 100 miles away she doesn't want me to come see her yet - she said she can't even deal with herself right now let alone anyone else.
I am trying to grieve for her and for my lost grandbaby.

Any advice on what to do for her or say when she is ready to talk. We have been emailing and talking on the computer but that is about it.

[Modified by: momcrouse on 20 October 2008 05:29:21 ]

Replies

• hi, just typed a reply and it didnt come up. Just be there to give her a hug, she may just want to cry on your shoulder and not want you to say anything, sometimes that is all that is needed, myabe you could try to ring her but dont take it to heart if she doesnt want to talk, to be honest when I had my miscarriages if people rang it was wrong and if they didnt it was wrong, just take whatever she throws at you but dont take it personally and stay strong for her. xx
  • oh i'm sorry to hear of your daughters loss.

may i ask how it happenend what caused it?
  • Thank you so much for what you said - it really hit home, as that is exactly what she is doing. Saying she is fine and just wants to be left alone. She said she doesn't even know how to deal with herself let alone anyone else. I dont' want to be selfish saying I need any comfort, just want to be there for her. I appreciate that you said she will in time.

I am there for her anytime, so please just keep us in your prayers.
  • Both you and your daughter are in my prayers.

My advice... turn up at her door with open arms. After I suffered a traumatic experience recently (not m/c) I kept my Mum at arms length as I didnt want to worry her further. My Mum also lives 100 miles away. But the door bell went and seeing her was a huge blessing. Just sat drinking tea and walking the dogs made me feel better. Nothing will take away the pain, but having Mum there makes the pain a little more bearable.

Sending best wishes to you all. I am very sorry for your loss.
  • She called me last night - talked about everything except losing the baby. I was just glad to have talked to her.

Then tonite I called to leave her a message about something and she answered the phone. We talked and then she really opened up. It was awesome I felt good about sharing with her. We talked about alot of things. She is prone to depression and has talked about possibly going back on her medication, but it really working through things. I called her doctor and she said that she would recommend her waiting for a week or two to start the medication and that she is going through a grieving process and that is perfectly normal.

I was so glad she talked and we shared, cried and really had a much needed conversation. I am going to try and get there this weekend. Thanks for all of your prayers.
  • Hello momcrouse

I am so sorry about your daughter and for your loss.

My daughter had a miscarraige yesterday - i feel so very helpless and devastated both for her and my unborn grandchild - she came to see me straight after her miscarraige - i didnt even know she was pregnant - her partner couldn't face seeing me so he dropped her off after she left the hospital - she said she justed wanted her mum - we hugged and i listened - i am distraught for her and her pain.

The replies have helped so much - you are both in my prayers xx

• Hi momcrouse and Kazemma,

I'm so sorry to hear that your daughters had a miscarriage. I had one in April and know how you guys are feeling. I actually have't managed to get back to normal yet, it feels like my little world has fallen into pieces and I haven't managed to put it back together yet. I'm still very emotional image There is one thing I really hate thou and that is when people say that it will happen (I will get pregnant again) when it is supposed to happen or when people say that I need to be patient! I am desperate to get pregnat again and it is just not happening imageimage

xxx