Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

6weeks but no heartbeat at scan please help

13»

Replies

• Options

Hi everyone out there, i just found out I was pregnant and I am 45 I thought I could not get pregnant, I went to the e.r. they confirmed that i was pregnant, by what I told them my last period they thought I was 10 weeks, I went to an obgyn a couple days ago and she did a vaginal scan and said i am 6 weeks, my husband and I ask if she could hear a heartbeat and she could not, she did not take any blood work just a scan, and scheduled me to go see another obgyn next week, I really dont know what hcg levels and all that stuff is, any advice????

• Options

Hi all, I just found this post and am in the same boat. I thought I was 8 weeks, but my scan showed the baby measures at 6 weeks. My doc said all the things were there and in the right place, but no heart beat. But also that at 6 weeks sometimes it isn't detected anyway.  Going back for a seconf scan next week to see if there is any growth.

• Options

I desperately need advise. My last period was on the 27th Feb and I took a test March/April time, the test said I was 1-2 weeks pregnant. I had my 12 week scan yesterday and they said I have a sack and and something there but would only.measure at about 5 weeks, so they think I've lost it. I've had no.miscarriage symptoms, I now have to wait until next week to see if it has got any bigger. Has anyone been in this situation??  X

• Options

Hi hun I'm 43 had a scan today couldn't find a fetus.  Then said it was an unidentified pregnancy. .. she also said that they were cluster. . So its either optopic or molar pregnancy or to early to see anything. .. had hormones level checked they were low.. going back again in 2 days for same test. See if levels have risen. . I have no bleeding or any pain...  but the cluster are a concern. .. I may miscarry. Its just a waiting game. .. 

• Options

Forgot to mention they couldn't see a sac or yolk either? ????????

• Options

I had a mmc in March. I KNEW I was 10+ weeks but baby only measured 6 at scan. Everything was in the right place, sac etc & had I only been 6 weeks it would have been fine, but I knew I wasn't. Our baby didn't have a heartbeat & had died 4 weeks previously. I had another rescan a week later so they could be 100% certain there was no heartbeat, which sadly there wasn't. I wasn't showing any signs of mc'ing naturally so I opted for surgical management at 12+ weeks. Even after getting the two tablets to bring on mc before my op I didn't bleed so this baby was really unwilling to give itself up. Op was over really quickly but I bled for 5 weeks after. 

• Options

This is currently happening to me. i went to the ER because of vommiting and dehydration but by the time i was being discharged i was told i was going to have a miscairage due to no heart beat.  so naturally i saught out another opinion.  i was told to go back july 20th to see if we can get a heart beat... i must admit its the longest ten days of my life.  I feel you on this 

• Options

I'm experiencing a similar situation. I have twins with a difference of 1 week in their growth which is at 8w for one and 7w for the other. I;m confused on my menses dates and I cant be precise on their age. During my 1st scan at 6w, there was no heartbeat on both and bleeding next to the sacs. I did my 2nd scan 2 days ago, the older embryo had a strong heartbeat but the other had no heartbeat. The sonographer told me its a missed abortion. I felt very sad. My doc advised me to do another scan after 2 weeks and from a different facility. According to him, the sac grew 1 extra week, how would it be possible for it to grow without any heart activity? He advised me not to lose hope as every foetus develops at a different pace. I'm hopefully at the same time prepared for bad news. I pray to God both will survive.

My prayers to everyone going through the same uncertainty and agony and I wish you the best of luck xo

• Options

Hello,

i recently found out I was pregnant and went in for an ultrasound. The tech strongly hinted at a miscarriage and I am at 6 weeks. my dr is sending me for another ultrasound next week to see if they can detect the heartbeat then because they couldn't in the first ultrasound. Unfortunately I am playing the waiting game for now. I have had severe cramps and lower back pain but no bleeding, yet. Would just like some closure. If anyone has had an experience similar to this and feels comfortable sharing I would greatly appreciate it. 

• Options

Hi I'm going through the similar situation. I'm 6weeks 5 days pregnant on last Wednesday doctor found heartbeat and I started spotting on Thursday morning I rushed to the hospital there after ultrasound no heartbeat. Doct asked me to come back after a week I'm still spotting and this waiting is horrifying. Don't know what to do

• Options

Hi there,

I am sorry to ask but I can see this horrible situation happened to you a while ago. How did things go for you? I'm in the same position and even if everything is ok with the pregnancy I am so worried and stressed that it can't be good for me Or baby. Waiting 2 weeks feels like agony. I feel like I'm just waiting for bleeding. 

• Options

Hi

I lost the baby actually it took 1 week to start the bleeding and the entire sac with baby came out naturally on the 3rd day. In ultrasound scan after that I could see nothing. So as per doctor its absolutely fine. But I was really depressed. Anyway I hope everything will be fine for you....wish u luck.

• Options

I went for a scan today I'm 6+1 I could see everything that should be there like normal but there wasn't a heartbest. The person who scanned me didn't seem to concerned. She didn't even mention it when I went back to see the midwife she didn't seem concerned about it either I have to go back next week so hopefully there will be a heartbeat then x