Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

When Did You Return To Work?

Hey,

When did you go back to work after your MC? I have had this week off as I MC over last weekend and with relatives staying at Chrismas I feel I have put on hold dealing with this. I had told work I would be back on my next shift which is Tuesday but I just don't feel ready, I have a late shift and three night shifts inc NYE and NYday night I I can't face being away from my hubby at that time as I want to put this year to rest as we have had so mny bad things happen. Do you think it's too much to stay off till the following Monday 5th Jan?

I feel so empty and lost at the moment, since we were at the hospital on Tuesday we have had hubby's family here so haven't had time to take it all in, I have to go back to the hospital onTuesday for another blood test as my HCG is not low enough. We got asked by the doc how my pregancy was after we had MC on the Sunday.....she had no notes of it!! That was hard too how could they ask that.... I MC on my birthday and we had been trying for two and a half years, What is keeping me going is my lovely hubby and our two girls......

When did you go back is two weeks too long or ok?

Love MH xx

[Modified by: Mummy Hunibee on 26 December 2008 15:41:01 ]

Replies

• Hi MH,

I found out i mc on Fri 19th and I'm still undergoing treatment as they think it's a failing ectopic. I'm off until 5th Jan which will hopefully give me enough time to recover physically. Emotionally, I'm doing ok now.

I don't think it's too long, but we're all different. Do what feels right for you.

Thinking of you. xxx
  • Hi MH,

Sorry to hear about your loss. You really need to take as long as you need. I had mmc in October and was due to go back to work a week after erpc. The day came but I had complete breakdown in doctor's surgery - she signed me off for three week and tbh it was only in that final week that I felt ready to go back and face everyone.

Hope you feel better soon.

Shell x

http://tt.lilypie.com/t0zt0/.png

• i was signed off for 2 weeks which i think is the norm - this gave me time to get over erpc. I found it difficult to walk back into work as most people knew (i was 10 weeks gone with twins and showing).

i hope that you were able to relax over christmas and hope that 2009 is better. x x x x
  • Hi, i'm sorry we're all having to deal with this, its the worst way for the year to end, i'll be glad to see 2009 like a lot of of us here. So far i've had about 5 weeks off but my mc has been ongoing since the end of nov and i have to go to the hospital tmoro to see if my hcg have fallen. I totally agree with shello, we're all different and i can't believe i've needed all this time, but i have and tbh, work can wait, i'm always there and i needed this time for myself and h2b. I'm due back on 2nd Jan but again i'm gonna see how i feel after tmoro's result - its a personal thing, but every time i think i'm ready, the hospital gives us more bad news so we'll see, take care x
  • Sorry to hear your sad news. I had 3 wks off in total. 1 wk whilst waiting for the erpc, 1 wk post op recovery and the last wk to try and gather myself emotionally. Having said that the first wk at work I wasn't at full capacity and was still quite teary. I think everyone is different though. You take as much time as you need for you. But no, 2 wks isn't too long! Take care,
    Lilou x