Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1 year on

hi,

just wondered how everyone else coped on the date a year on after a miscarriage? its a year 2moro since i lost my baby and am really struggling am very tearful, i have 2 older boys already and a beautiful 10 week old baby who wouldnt have been here not lost so why do i feel so sad? i dont want to say anything to anyone incase they think im silly i have 3 lovely kids but still miss the baby i never got to know! i was 11 weeks, also as ive got 3 boys now people keep saying maybe the last one was a girl thinking that makes me feel better!!!!! just dont think!!!

am meeting my friends 2moro dont know to say anything or not as dont want them to feel uncomfortable but am also worried if i dont then someting may come up and ill loose it!!

oh i dont know, didnt think it was going to be so hard!!

thanks for listening

amanda xx

Replies

• hi im so sorry about your loss, i lost my baby too and the due date/ birthday is a really hard day i lost my baby at 13 weeks was due 3rd jan 07 which was a very hard day as i had to have a scan to see that my next pregnancy was ok . i still spend a lot of time wondering now about my baby i lost wondering if it was a girl or a boy at what stage it would be at now ect ,its hard to get my head around it all now with a healthy baby almost 9 weeks thinking he would not be here if my other pregnancy hadnt ended so please dont think in any way you are silly you are not you just are a very loving mum that cares maybe you could ge a special little something in memory of your baby? xx
  • Hi Amanda,
    Ive had 3 Mc over the years my most resent was june this year. My first was 13 years ago and even now I think about him/her and wonder what they would look like would they be close to my eldest who will be 14 on Monday, and I still get sad.
    After my most resent Mc we buryed baby under a rose in the garden and its one of the first things i see each day and last thing at night b4 i check on the kids in bed and this has really helped me I never did this with the other babys and feel kind of guilty as if they think Ive forgotten them, I think when it comes round to aniversery of the others I may plant them a rose have you thought of doing something like that?.
    I sometimes feel like there are little angels sitting next to my children looking after them, this is my way of coping i guess and everyone of us deals with things in there own way, I hope things get easier for u, each year you will remember and it really does get easier but maybe talking with a really good friend or Oh? will help?, or even writing a letter to your baby if you feel unable to talk?.
    I dont know if Ive helped, but I send hugs your way
    Vikki XXoo
  • Hey amanda
    Its just coming up to the time when we lost our little one last year too, not sure how we'll cope around that time but on the 7 may which would have been our due date, we went for a walk and released a balloon for our baby and had birthday cake. On monday (baby loss awareness day) we lit a candle in the evening and left it burning in our bedroom while we went to sleep (tealight in a sturdy holder out of the reach of the cat!!) and I expect we'll probably light a candle around the time of my m/c too (I'm not sure of the exact date, I miscarried naturally and tried not to pay attention to specific dates of things).

Its not silly to be sad about your loss..please don't ever think that - I am sad about our little one as well as being happy I'm pregnant again, and I know we wouldn't have this baby if we hadn't lost our first.. its a whole lot of conflicting emotions - I just cry when I need to and know we won't forget our baby.

I like to think of our lost angel watching over our baby and being a guardian angel for him once he's here.

hugs
  • Hi Amanda
    I can understand what you are going through we have lost 2 babies one last year at 7 weeks and one in july at 20 weeks. we were very fortunate with our little girl as we got to see her and hold her as i had to give birth to her. she was born the day after my birthday and was due in November.

i will never forget her we have just found out we are expecting again we have no other children but we say that Grace is going to have a brother or sister. the 2 babies will always be with us and you can never replace them.

thinking of you all

Ann
  • thanks for all your kind words, ive ben so busy so haven been online so not replyed, the day went well i found the days leading up to it worst, me and hubby chatted about it and how we will never 4get. it helped. igot really freaked out caue i realised on the day my baby was exactly 11 weeks old, i was 11 weeeks gone when it happened i said it was spooky etc my husband said it was coinicidence!! it helped me though strangely!!
  • For me 1 year on was worse, I miscarried on exactly the same day (18th Nov) and to be honest I'm dreading it this year. I know it 2005 I was 11wks and 2006 6wks and I'm way past that stage now (32+2), but I can't help worrying if history will repeat itself for a third time. I'm trying to stay calm for the sake of this baby but its easier said than done...xx