Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

please can i ask a difficult question....

to those who have mc'd more than twice?...

did you have the same feeling that something was wrong or cramping different again before mc'ing?

so very sorry to ask but im concerned that it will happen to me again. ive had two in the last few months... and am hoping to be pregnant again...
cant get excited as im constantly worrying about cramping.. etc....

could you tell that the pregnancy wasnt right again etc?.... as i felt my first one was wrong somehow such as hormonal imbalance.....

again, im sorry to ask. i just want to be aware
thanks

Replies

• hi hun, i had 2 mmc. one at 16 weeks and it never did feel right, in fact i was quite shocked when i had my 12 week scan to be told everything seemed fine, it was almost as if i knew because i took hubby with me to my 16 week ante natal coz i just didnt want to go alone and that was when we were told there was no heartbeat. i had another m/c 5 months later and again it never did feel right, i had no sickness and just didnt feel pregnant despite having had loads of +ve tests. As for being worried about it happening again that is completely normal, when i fell pregnant again i was at the epu every week form 7 weeks right through to my 20 week scan, they were brilliant with me and never made me feel silly for worrying. I know its easier said than done but try not to worry. hope everything goes well for you. Hayley xx
  • Heya
    I've only had 1 mc bt thought i'd share my experience with you.
    i had a mmc. i was 12 weeks but the baby had stopped growing at 8.5 weeks. I had absolutely no symptoms to tell me anything was wrong. It was only when i had my 12 week scan that I found out the baby had died.
    I was luck to be able to mc naturally 3 days later.
    Before the scan I hadn't had any cramping or anything.
    Mc can happen witout you even knowing.
    I'm ttc again and I'm so scared of having another mc. There's nothing we can do to stop it happening so as hard as it is we just have to try and relax (impossible I Know!!)
    Good luck
    xx
  • hi,i have had 3mcs an ectopic and an absorbed pregnancy and none of them felt the same,you must not let the fear over rule the mind i know its easier said than done but try and relax and take things easy.
    goodluck and never give up!;\)
  • hi
    I have had 3 mcs in all the first before I had any children and the 2nd before number 4, i was 5 weeks and had only just found out I was pregnant then with the last everything was going well and I just went for a routine scan because of the previous mc and was told I was 10 weeks pregnant but he baby had died at 6 weeks. I have had 4 awlful pregnancies not made any easier by all the worry because of the previous miscarriages but with my last baby I caught very quickly, had an amnio and was straight froward from the start until the very rapid delivery of a 9Ib 5oz baby boy, I would just say relax as what wil be will be but it will be a long pregnancy unless you belive all will be ok good luck x