Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Think Im miscarrying advice needed

We have only just started ttc just over a month ago, then when i missed my period and done a pregnancy test which came back positive, finding it hard to believe done another 3 all different makes just to make sure and they all came back positve, now im bleeding quite heavily with some small clots, im not bleeding enough to fill a pad, but still bleeding ive had some mild period like cramps
I went to see the doctor yesterday who said if it hadnt stopped by the night to go to hospital, it stopped last night but started again this morning
im scared, dont know what to do,
Could I really be pregnant or is it postible to have a false positive

Replies

• Hi Pebbles82, I dont think you can have a false positive, so I would assume you are pregnant. I think if the pain and bleeding has started again this morning it would be good to ring the doctor and ask for them to refer you to the Eearly Pregnancy Unit where they can do a test themselves to see how high your hormone levels are and if they are concerened they can scan you to see if everything is ok. Take care xxx
  • Thank you i know i will need to ring the doctors i think im just scared of what they will say
  • It may not be a miscarriage though as some of my friends have had heavy bleeding during their first three months and they were all fine xx
  • Hun first of all don't panic. If you are at work you need to go home and take it easy. There are plenty of girls here who have bled, quite heavily and still had healthy pg's. My friend bled for 8 weeks and she has a very healthy 1 year old.

You say you have only had small clots are you in pain? If you are not then this is a good sign. What is the blood like, is it fresh or old because that can make a difference.

This did happen to me unfortunately I lost my lo. But I did have a very big clot in my bleeding about the size of a golf ball, I am sure that was it. It is heartbreaking but there is nothing they can do. How many weeks are you? If you are less than 6 weeks they won't scan you yet because they won't be able to see anything. I really hope it is ok for you. If you want to talk you can mail me. I have everything crossed for you xx
  • Hi, iv been bleeding last night and this morning too, went to a&e last night, my urine came back neg so they took blood and that came back pos, doc said it is pos to have false readings on urine tests, have to go for a scan tomo am but its not lookin promising as im bleeding heavier

• Thank you i wouldnt say im in pain i had some stomach cramps yesterday which was more like a mild period pain but today i feel fine.
    it was fresh yesterday and today its not as fresh if that makes sense and the clots have been smaller than a 5 pence peice but not to many of them, Im 5 weeks pregant so dont know weather to just rest and see how i go over the weekend or go today?
  • I was just over five weeks when I contacted my doctor about bleeding and he booked me in for the Monday and by the Monday the bleeding had got very heavy so I kind if knew it wasnt going to be ok. But it was useful to have the scan already booked for the Monday which was when I was exactly six weeks. So it might be worth contacting your doctor again and he could book you in for when your six weeks as I think your right they dont normally scan before then.

Try not to worry though - although I know thats easier said than done I know xx
  • You should go to your doctor. Even though they can't see anything they will check it is not eptopic. I hope you are ok. I know what you are going though xx