Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Newbie - 1st pregnancy - ectopic

Hello
Its taken me a while to finally post and not just lurk but seeing some of the posts has made me feel more 'normal'!
It was our first pregancny and at 7.5 weeks I went for a scan (was bleeding) to find out I had an ectopic pregnancy (have to admit didn;t know much about this) this resulted in operation which removed my affected tube - has all been a shock really, now signed off work for at least another week - on a positive note - scars are very neat!
Really wish I could say more on a happy note but not there yet ... just wanted to talk to people in similar situations as friends try but no-one really understands
Many thanks for 'listening'
daisy

Replies

• Hi Daisy,

I'm so sorry for your loss and what you've been through. You've come to the right place - the ladies here are all so kind and are getting me through my horrible time.

It is difficult when friends and family offer support but don't quite know what to say - they do their best but sometimes you just want to speak to someone who knows exactly what you're feeling or read some posts to give you some pma or a smile when you're feeling down. It doesn't make you feel quite so alone.

Take it easy on yourself while you recover hun - both physically and mentally.

Love Fairy x
  • Hi Daisy

Welcome to the forum though I'm sorry you have reason to be joining us on this part.

I'm really sorry for your loss and everything you've been through.

Take your time and know that we're always here to listen and support you. The ladies here are all fantastic and so understanding - like you said, it can be difficult for friends and family who haven't been through a loss to know what to say.

How are you doing physically after your operation? I hope you make a quick recovery so you can concentrate on your emotional healing.

You're in my thoughts.

Love NN xx

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10719;30/st/20090413/e/%27Round+4%27/dt/5/k/a085/s-event.png

Click Here To Read My Ramblings On Living With Loss
  • Hi Daisy

I'm so sorry to hear your news, I can fully appreciate how you are feeling as I am currently going through the same thing myself. I was diagnosed with an ectopic last week at 7 weeks and I'm currently undergoing treatment with Methotrexate injections in the hope of avoiding surgery if possible.

This has been a great support over the past few weeks as unfortunately there seem to be a lot of us going through the same or similar experiences.

It's amazing how quickly you learn about how things work and if in any doubt, there is usually someone on here who can help.

Hope you start to feel much better soon
    You are absolutely not alone

xxx
  • Hi Daisy,
    Welcome to the forum, although I am sad it is under these circustances you are joining us. I am so sorry for your loss and the added stress of having to have an operation. I am glad to hear you felt able to post a thread and hope you find some comfort in speaking to the ladies on here.
    Take all the time you need to recover. physically and emotionally. Unfortunately the emotional can take longer but we are all here to help you through it. Sending you gentle hugs,
    Lilou xx
  • Hi Daisy, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Take as much time as you need to get back to normality. I had a mmc, so not the same situation, but I can sympathise.

The ladies on here are great, so if you want to talk, rant, whatever it's the right place to do it.

Hope you continue to heal physically, and begin to very soon emotionally. There's no time limit. xx
  • Hi
    Just wanted to say many thanks for replying, glad I took the plunge!
    sorry that you have all been through/going through difficult times
    Went to Drs this am, has signed me off for another week so will be 4 weeks when I go back will then feel more confident
    Welsh78 - don't know much about the Methotrexate injections but hope they work for you
    Think because this was first pregnancy I feel very niave (can;t spell!) about everything
    Daisy
  • Hi Daisy,

You can learn a lot from the ladies on here, and can also put your mind at ease about a lot of things. In the majority of cases, someone knows what or has been through what you are experiencing.

It's great for support, even if you just need someone to tell you everything gets easier.

Glad you are having more time off, you need to have a much as you need.

Take care. xx