Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

waiting to find out if we have miscarried

Hi

2 weeks ago i had some slight bleeding and cramping, due to the cramping being on one side they put me to the Gyn ward at the hospital for a scan. At that point we would just have been turning 7 weeks by our estimations. At the scan the could see the sac but no fetal pole however said maybe my dates were out and referred us for another scan at the maternity unit the following week..

So we went in on Tuesday morning and again they couldn't see the fetal pole, but then she spotted something 'beating' but said it might be a blood vessel and not a heartbeat. So she asked us to come back in a week, and told us to be quitely confident.

We were then put to another room to wait, and the midwife came in and told us that it didn't look good and to prepare ourselves for the worst. We had been OV testing so are pretty certain of our dates and the midwife knew this although the sonographer may not have. So we are assuming this is why she had different opinion to her. Needless to say i felt like she had just punched me in gut.

I have been feeling like all pregnancy symptoms are now wearing off. My boobs which i felt had gotten massive and were really sore, suddenly feel smaller and not so tender. I had really bad heartburn and haven't been bothered with this. But i am still feeling sick all the time. I suppose this could just be nerves, but the nausea is getting worse.

I just really wanted to know if anyone has experienced anything similar to us? We should be 8 weeks now, and will be 9 at our next scan.

I am just so emotional and feel really drained and empty. My husband keeps telling me stay positive as he is convinced that the 'beating' we saw was the baby, but i just don't feel it. And i feel like i am letting him down by not being positive. I feel like if i could just be positive maybe it will be ok, maybe i am going to make it be bad news. So silly i know.

At our first scan the doctor asked me if i still felt pregnant, and that has just stuck in my head and i have become paranoid about it. I didn't feel very pregnant in the first place... i have never been pregnant before so i don't know what being pregnant feels like! This is the one thing i keep hearing in my head over and over, and i just don't know.

xxx

Replies

• hiya, so sorry for what you are going through. i am in a similar position in the sense that i dont have a definate answer. i should be 6+6 today. i had some brown spotting last night and went to epu where i was given a scan.

the sonographer said she could just see a tiny sac and said there was a lot of blood in my womb that was just moving round. she said she thought i am trying to miscarry and so i have to be rescanned in 7 days to be sure!

the doc told me to expect to start miscarrying before im due to go back.

its just horrible not knowing whats happening.

good luck for your next scan xxxx
  • aw i am sorry to hear that. It is all things we just don't know about when we go into this isn't it!

Obviously we all know about the risk of miscarriage, and to be honest i had felt that i was so aware these things happen that if it happened to me i would cope well with it. But now we are going through this and i am just in pieces.

Scan is tomorrow and i feel no more positive about it.

Fingers crossed.

I hope things are ok for you.

xxx
  • i know what you mean. i have started bleeding alot now so im thinking this is definately it. im actually coping ok which surprised me but if you have read any of my old posts then u will see that i lost my son last year and so i think after that i can cope with anything.

im sending you all the luck in the world for tomorrow and will be on to check how you got on.

xxxx
  • I'm also waiting to see if i have miscarried...scan is on friday!! Trying to stay positive but it is hard. Have had bleeding and cramping for 3 days now image xx
  • hey kat...im going through the same thing, i should be 7 weeks 2morrow and ive also got another scan in the morning. i had 1 on friday and the baby and heartbeat was seen but since friday afternoon ive been heavily bleeding and having cramps. after an arguement with the doctor this morning they agreed 2 scan me again in the morning. im scared!
    i really hope u r ok, its horrible i wouldnt wish this on anyone. x