Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Just when I thought things couldnt get any worse..

For those that read my previous posts, I was diagnosed with a missed mc two weeks ago. I decided to let nature take it's course as previously had 3 D&C's and have a 10 month old to look after

Anyway things hadnt started to happen and by the end of last week was emotionally drained and had decided that when I went back for rescan would ask for D&C

Sunday just gone had really bad stomach cramps so thought things were starting to happen but after a couple of hours and some strong paracetomol felt fine again and no bleeding however rang EPU first thing Monday morning to try get scan earlier than Wednesday

They booked me in for a scan but notes from Sonographer were very weird and she was scanning my stomach for ages and then said "I need to think what to put on your report"

I read her report which read "irregular shaped gestational sac measuring 12w 1 day (which is what I should have been" yolk sac seen foetal pole?? Possible lesion nature??

This really didnt make sense to me and as I was the last appt that day, there wasnt a consultant to go through it with me so had to go back at 2pm today.

I got a phonecall this morning asking if I could go straight in instead of waiting until 2pm as a consultant had reviewed my notes

They confirmed I had had a missed mc, which I knew, however the lesion mentioned in the sonographers report was unidentifiable

Basically there is an un known mass measuring 3cm x 3cm x 2cm inside the gestation sac near the placenta. Possible causes have been listed as

Blood Clot
Tuma
Molar Pregnancy
Part Molar pregnancy
Something Else

Naturally I am petrified - didnt even know what a Molar Pregnancy was til I came home and looked it up

I am booked in for a D&C tomorrow and the contents will be sent to Histology urgently to assess what the mass is and relevant treatment needed

I am already petrified of the anesthetic tomorrow and sobbed my heart out putting my little one to bed tonight thinking "what if this is the last time I put him to bed if I don't come round tomorrow"

Now I have to worry about when I do come round what is the Histology report going to come back as and what could the worst case scenario be. I am scared stiff it could be something really serious and I don't get to see my little boy grow up

Sorry for the long post, just needed to write down how I am feeling

Will update you all as soon as I know anything (if I make it through the anesthetic)

Take care all

Mandy
xx

Replies

• Oh Mandy how awful for you.

The Drs have to tell you the worst case scenario but it's unlikely to be anything sinister.

Please don't worry about the anaesthetic, you'll only be asleep for a few minutes and if you're really nervous you can ask the anaesthetist for a lovely pre-med to chill you out.

You'll be fine babe, it'll be over and you'll be home to look after your little boy before you know it.

B x

• Oh how terrifiying for you. I know how you feel about the anasthetic too- I felt like that when I had my operation to remove my ectopic pregancy. I had never had a general before and I thought i was going to die

I'm sure you will be fine though. Complications are very rare, and at least you will have some answers afterwards. Hopefully you will have someone with you afterwards so that if you cannot take in what the doctors are telling you there is someone else listening too

Big hugs xx
  • God, its rubbish when things arent straight forward. I hope everything has gone well for you. Good luck hon x
  • Thanks for replies ladies

Thursday was horrible

I rang the hospital at 7:30am to check they had a bed for me and told me to go straight in. No one would confirm what time my op would be and as hubby was looking after my lo at home, I was alone all day in the hospital, panicking that they wouldnt let me home if the op was done in the afternoon

I finally went down for surgery at 4:45pm and woke up at 5:20pm

Luckily I didnt have any pain and didnt feel sick (have thrown up straight away in the past)

I had a cup of tea and ate a sandwich, and then went to loo

I begged and pleaded for them to let me home and they agreed at 8:30pm

Had a bit of a funny turn at midnight where legs gave way underneath me and hubby had to rush to pull a chair out for me to sit on but after helping me to bed I managed to go to sleep

Still bleeding a bit and as yet, can't pick lo up as get twinges in stomach and don't want to risk dropping him

Got to wait two weeks for the so called urgent histology report to come back to tell me what the unknown mass was and if any other treatment is needed

Just glad op is over and I can try move on slowly. I have two lovely scan pics of my bean taken at 7 weeks and 9 weeks to keep as a memory and there will be a special bauble on the tree this year next to my lo's first xmas bauble

Just want to thank all you lovely ladies for your words of support over the last couple of weeks, especially Busby

Take care all

Mandy
  • HI mandy just wanted to show abit of support you 're really going through the mill arent you? I hope these next 2 weeks fly by quickly for you & ends in good news.

fingers crossed.xxxx

K. x
  • Hi Mandy

I am so sorry for all you've been through. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the report will be good news for you and that you recover from the op quickly. And I hope the next few weeks pass quickly for you.

I am glad you have the scan pictures to keep and the bauble will be lovely on your Christmas tree :\) We have a Christmas ornament that we bought on honeymoon when I was pregnant with the first baby we lost and we're going to buy another one for the second one to go next to it.

Take care, NN xx
  • Thanks again for replies ladies

Feeling better in myself now though of course won't forget my little bean

My bleeding has now stopped which helps.

Also I have done a cheapy Ebay pg test today which came up negative - is it possible my body has returned to normal already or could it be a duff test?

Just got to wait for results from histology now and then we can start to try again - one of the things keeping me going is I fell pregnant with my little boy the month after a mc and he's turned out fine so hoping this will be the case again, although if results come back as molar pregnancy will have to put ttc on hold for a year

Hope everyone is doing ok

Mandy
  • Hi Mandy - just followed yr story - I hope your results come back ok - and everything works out for the future hun xxx

p.s. yr lo is gorg xx