Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Hello Girls, so sad to be here

Good morning girls

I have been lurking on this forum over the past week with the gut feeling that I may be posting on here at some point.

I got my BFP 2 weeks ago but had been splotting for about a week beforehand. My GP immediately sent me to EPU and they monitored my HCG for 10 days. Over 48 hours they only increased from 66 to 100 to 137 to 180 to 280 to 401. The never doubled and the spotting continued throughout.

Yesterday, the doctor (who was absolutely lovely to us) offered us the option of Methorexate as they felt the pregnancy was ectopic and we decided to go ahead and have the injection.

They let me come home from hospital after an hour and last night I just felt exhausted. Through the night I have had bad nausea and some pain in my lower abdomen which has eased slightly this morning.

Today I feel strangely relieved that it's all coming to an end even though we so desparately wanted our baby.

I just have a few questions for any of you who may have had Methotrexate

Did you get any heavy bleeding, and if you did, can you remember when it started?
Did your HCG fall quite quickly after the injection?

Thank you in advance for any help, I just feel so confused and unwell at the moment

xxxxx

Replies

• I am so sorry for your loss, I don't have any answers to your questions but I didn't want to read and run.
  • Hey Welsh78

Soz to read you had to have injection - I had a mmc 2 yrs ago so know what it is like to lose - but can also understand your relief that it is coming to an end..I had the same feeling as the worst part is not knowing what is going on, at least when u know what's happening you can deal with it.

Be kind to yourself, take care of your body over the next few weeks and come on here and let rip when you need to. Ppl on here offer tremendous support.

Pob lwc xx
  • Hi Welsh

Sorry to hear what you have been going through, I know just how it feels. I had an ectopic in 2005 and was lucky enough to be able to have the methotrexate. I don't remember suffering any really heavy bleeding, I think I'd bled most after the first internal scan they gave me - but I didn't have bad cramps or anything. It took 4-5 weeks for the HCG to drop for me. The hospital stopped measuring my bloods and I just had to take a HPT each Friday and once it was negative then I was clear ... it didn't sound terribly scientific to me and the irony of suddenly wishing for a BFN wasn't lost on me. Until you get the bfn or the 'all clear' from your hospital, be aware of your body and if you get any strong pain, especially in the shoulder - contact the hospital immediately as until the methotrexate has done it's job, there is still the chance of rupture. Hopefully yours will drop much quicker than mine - they did seem surprised at the length of time mine took to drop and were about to give me another dose of methotrexate when I got the BFN.

On the positive, I went on to have a healthy baby boy in November 2007 and the pain I felt back then is mostly forgotten - I hope you go on to a happy ending too.

Take good care of yourself - lots of chocolate and rest.

Gill
  • Hi Welsh

I know I posted on your thread in LTTTC but wanted to say again how sorry I am for your loss and everything you've been through the last few weeks. Once you know something isn't right it's only natural to want the physical process to be over so you can concentrate on your emotional healing. The waiting and wondering and not knowing is SO difficult - we had a similar experience with our first mc, waiting for weeks having bloods and scans and not knowing what was going on. It's truly awful.

I don't have any experience of the mx injection so can't help you out there but wanted to say that I hope you aren't in too much pain or feeling too ill and that the physical side of things is over quickly for you.

If you ever want to chat we're always here to listen.

Take care, love NN xxx

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10719;30/st/20090413/e/%27Round+4%27/dt/5/k/a085/s-event.png

Click Here To Read My Ramblings On Living With Loss
  • So sorry you have come to join us. I thought you were from LTTTC. Sorry have no answers, but just wanted to say sorry for your loss. xx
  • Hi I'm really sorry for your loss, I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your questions but it sounds like gmac knows her stuff.
    xx
  • Hi Sorry for your loss, ]

I went through medical management with the tmisoprostol ablets and pessaries and i didnt have too much pain or really heavy bleeding (although it lasted for about 10 days all in)

Dont have any experince or methortexate injection so cant really give you any answers but didnt want to read and run.

Thinking of you..

Lx
  • Hey, I have posted in LLTTC as well and have been following your story, I didn't have the injection but it seems like some really helpful advise has been given above. I just wanted to say I am thinking of you. Make sure you look after yourself. Sending you hugs xxx
  • Sorry i don't have any answers to your questions but i didn't want to r and r, just wanted to say i am so sorry that you are having to go through this and sending you a big hug. There is nothing i can say that will make it any easier for you , all i can say is you are not alone and this is a lovely forum to talk on - the ladies really are lovely and they do understand what you are going through.
    Love Rena x