Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

when can i expect the bleeding to stop?

Heelo, I've now been bleeding since Friday after early mc/chem preg (?), sort of like an AF but much more like real blood, normally for AF towards the end all I get is like brown discharge but I'm still bleeding quite red and have an ache and some sharp pains. Does anyone know how much longer i can expect this for? x

Replies

• Hi, I had scan on fri and got told flump hhad died around 8 weeks- had tablet on fri and then went in hosp on sun for further tablets. I am still losing blood and some clots. I wondered if it was normal.
  • Hi Ladies,

Im so sorry for your losses. With my mmc I bleed quite badly was actually flooding by the time they took me seriously & the bleeding pretty much stopped after erpc.

I had a vry early/chem last month & started bleeding very heavily with clots on a sat this continued heavy & gradually stopped after about week, I think all in all it was about 7-8 days.

It can be normal to bleed for a bit & you may be advised to have another scan to make sure all of the pg tissue has passed. May be a good idea to speak to epu if you are concerned at all.

Big hugs to you both xxx
  • Hi ladies - big hugs to you and sorry for your losses.

I had an early MC at 7 +3 and my angel past naturally. I bled for about a week if you include the Friday it started with spotting (cervix supposedly closed) then the loss on the Sat which was big clots then continued bleeding a heavy period for a few days til it faded away by the following Thurs/Fri!

I think colour of blood will vary - mine was pink / brown / bright red and then like what I'd consider a normal AF deep red colour (sorry TMI!!)

Hope you're both OK xxx
  • Thanks for the support. I have to go back for a scan on the 20th to make sure everything has gone. Just feel a bit on hold till then. xxx
  • BUMP, how are you today JT? hope you are ok, look after yourself x
  • thank you everyone, my bleeding has stopped but underwear is still brown stained and im still having occasional cramps, i think i'll go back to docs if its still the same on monday...Im beginning to feel better starry-eyed, thank you and I think we might ttc again this month as I am feeling soooo broody right now! I can't begin to explain what the support on here has meant to me though, you are all so lovely.

Lilypod how are you now? xx