Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can't bear to change it.

Hi ladies

You know when you join baby expert, you have the option to put in your EDD which then causes a countdown in days to the birth. I still have mine on, it's counting down each day and I just cannot bear to get rid of it. I know it probably sounds stupid but thinking about deleting my EDD from my details just makes it "real"

does anyone know what I mean? feel like I am being silly and seeing the days counting down does make me sad but I just can't bear to delete it but then on the other hand if and when I do get a bfp, I will need to change it anyway.

Feel really silly now for posting this but just wondered what everyone else had done

Melissa x

Replies

• your not silly at all melissa,its how you want to do things is best for you,no one else matters ,just you.
    i had to delete mine,but still have my ticker but cant look at it and ob havent put it up either.
    im out today for the first time to see some frinends im looking forward to it but worried ill cry,havent cried yet! xxxxx
  • Hi Melissa, personally I wanted to get rid of my countdown. It's hard seeing it, but it's hard seeing 0 days as well.

I know when my EDD is, I don't need the ticker to remind me every single day. It's your choice, what you feel more comfortable with. xx
  • I've just had a rant on ttc after mc about this. I got rid of my EDD pretty fast but the ???????0 days ...??????? really gets to me.
    Whatever works best for you is what you should do. This whole process is horrible whatever way you look at it!
    Sending you all wishes for a good day. xx
  • I completely agree with the rest of you.

Although I did decide to get rid of my EDD straight away, it is horrible having it pointed out to you every day that you are no longer pregnant.

Julie72 - I'm with you, you should be able to have the ticker active only when it has meaning, for all those who have had to deal with the loss of their bean, or those who are struggling to get pregnant, its like rubbing salt into the wound.

Sending hugs to you all.

Chocky.
  • Ladies,
    MIssImpatient has logged a request with the webmaster to allow us the option of removing the countdown. Please back her up in the general forum if you would like this option.
    xxx