Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Its Happening again!!

Hi,

Had an mmc in July and posted on her a few times and took great comfort from the replies and from other peoples experiences. I was 10 weeks but told that the baby had stopped growing at around 8 weeks.

Got pregnant the 2nd month of trying and was so excited and scared. Started a light show on sat night when I would of been 8 weeks and then it went darker on sunday so phoned epu and was told to go to a&e. Had bloods and internal and told cervix closed and high pregnancy hormone in bloods. Went for early scan on Monday and told sacs in right place but no fetal pole or heartbeat and possible that I was 5 weeks (although I was sure of my dates this kept my hopes up) Had bad cramps and blood loss yesterday and this morning and then lost some large clots (sorry tmi) Went back to a&e and after another internal and more bloods told my pregnancy hormone had dropped and booked in for scan on tues.

In my head I know my baby has gone but my heart wants to hang on to a faint hope this is all a big mistake. Why is this happening to me again? I know I am lucky as I already have a gorgeous 20 month old little girl but my heart is breaking. Trying to be really strong as my sister is seriously ill in hosp but feel so sad and let down.

Sorry for going on just needed to get this out

xxx

Replies

• So sorry for what you are going through at the moment, it's such a difficult time and harder still when you are left in limbo not knowing exactly what is happening.

I have just had my 4th mc at 12 weeks so I understand the heartache, nobody knows until they have been in our shoes.

I don't want to ive you false hope but when I was pregnant with my little girl, I had some very heavy bleeding with clots, I automatically assumed I had lost her, I had to wait for a scan, it was the longest wait of my life, by some miracle, they detected her heartbeat, I had a large clot behind the placenta causing the bleed. At that time the pregnancy was only given a tiny chance of progressing but thank God, I went on to deliver one very healthy and happy little girl.

Best of luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx
  • Hi Kazzie, Thankyou so much for your kind words. I am having a sad day today as its my scan tomoz, I had positive hopes last week when a friend told me she had bled heavy and lost lots of clots but later that day I was in a&e again and when they did my bloods my pregnancy hormones had dropped. I can only imagine how hard it must of been to lose your precious bean at 12 weeks and my heart goes out to you. We must all be strong together and this site has helped me so much. Will let you know how I get on tomoz. xxx
  • So sorry you're going through this again - it's not fair.
    Good luck tomorrow honey
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx