Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

14weeks late miscarriage

I found out my baby had died last sunday when i went for a scan to detect the heartbeat as i had a little pain and was quite worried as i had had 3miscarriages before.... i went and they confimed my baby had dies 1or 2 days before. I had no bleeding like i had with the others and i was 2days off 15weeks so i was quite shocked s i had felt a slight movement 4days earlier...
My only choices where to take a tablet to open my cervix and then come back 2days later and get induced and give birth or leave it and risk getting blood poisoning... so i went for the tablet even though i still feel like i gave up hope on him coming back...
So then i went back 2days later and got induced i have never felt pain like it as at 18 i have never gone full term but am dyin for a baby...
When my baby was finally born they told me i was acctualy 18weeks as the size of the feotus had measure that... me and my husband wanted to see our baby and so they cleaned him up and brought him in where we named him charlie and decided that we wanted to give him a burial at our local church and not let the hospital deal with it there way. The only thing that bothers me is that to the govenment charlie will never be a registered person who was born and died he will just be a satistic on the miscarriages every year... to me though charlie was my little baby who was born asleep and should be recognised as a person cos thats what he was he had kicked and had a heartbeat just like you and i have.
If anybody else has gone through the same please leave me a post as i just want to know if the feeling of loneliness is normal as i have never felt so empty in my whole life also does any1 else feel like theres was there fault as i was mena be protecting him.
Tomorrow is charlies funeral and i really want him to come back but its like every1 keeps saying your 18 and you will get over it but never forget him and you have years to try again but at the minute all i want is a baby cos i have lost 4 but none mean as much to me as charlie cos the others have been 8week miscarriages. I have to wait to have some genetic tests done on both me and my husband.,

Please post back.

Natalie:\?

Replies

• Oh hunny, my heart goes out to you. Im so very very sorry for your losses. Age doesnt matter, you will feel the pain just as much no matter how much 'time is on your side'.

there is nothing I can say which will ease your grief. I hope Charlies funeral gave you some closure, and that you will soon feel able to move on to a brighter place.

Take care hun, and get lots of cuddles and support xxx
  • Hi Natalie - I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my baby in July at 24 weeks and it was honestly the most heartbreaking thing I have ever experienced in my life. We didn't name our little girl (she was just called baby cohen) and we had her cremated as I couldn't bear the throught of burying her. I have never felt such grief in my life and I am sending you all my love because I know that words cannot bring you any comfort. I have just started ttc again and am praying for next time and I will keep you in my thoughts

Abby xx
  • Hi Natalie, I know exactly how you are feeling, I lost a little girl in May 2003 at 16 weeks, like you I had to take a tablet then go back in 2 days to have an induced labour, we have her ashes buried in our local childrens cemetry. All I can say to you is that it really is painfull now and all you want is your baby back but in time that hurt will heal and although you will never truly get over what has happened you will learn to deal with it. My baby would have been starting school this year and I feel sad about that but I am very fortunate and have had 2 beautiful children since then. Cry and shout all you want it all helps. Take care hun xxxxx
  • Aw I'm sooo sorry for your loss! I had a missed misscarraige @ 13 weeks, but my baby never grew!

My heart really does go out to you x