Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Having a m/c but so confused

Can anyone offer me any advise or similar problem??

I started bleeding Wed only brown discharge, and had a scan yesterday. I should be 8 weeks but the embryo was only the size of 5 weeks.
I know my dates are correct as i had a bfp 4 weeks ago so I assume it stopped growing at 5 weeks, but the doctor won't say that and wants me back next week for another scan as then they should be able to pick up a heartbeat.
But now I've stopped bleeding. I would think maybe i'd ov'd really late in my cycle but we haven't even had sex for 4 weeks

I'm sooo confused, can it still be growing or am i gonna have to wait til next week to be told it's definately stopped and then what?

Help !

Maxi xxx

Replies

• Hi maxi Id say dont give up hope just yet!It sounds to me,thou im no pro,that maybe the doctors are right and your bleeding may not be anything to worry about. I bled at 8 to 9 weeks and went on the have a healthy little girl. Previous to that Id suffered a miscarriage at 6 weeks. The bleeding was very heavy and it was painful.

Fingers Crossed for you!x
  • Hi Maxi,i was in the same predicament as you only last week. I had started bleeding on sun 17 th Aug,i should have been 9 weeks.Went to the EPU unit on the monday where i was told the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. I was told i had to go back for a scan in a weeks time to make 100% sure there was no heartbeat. I knew when i had fallen pregnant so deep down i knew what had happened.
    Unfortunately i passed my little bean last thursday,went for my scan on tues this week and everything had gone.
    Don't lose hope as you maybe one of the lucky ones and your little bean has a strong heartbeat and still growing,good luck.xx
  • Thank you ladies, your experiences have really helped.
    I haven't bleed much at all so maybe there is some hope but like you nikr I know my dates are right so I think i may know the answer already.

Again many thanks xxx