Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

FAO Katyjo

How did it go yesterday? Have they confirmed ectopic?

I too have pregnancy of "unknown location" didn't seem to be in my yubes or uterus - so who knows where it was!

Hope you have some answers.

M

xxx

Replies

• hey mummywannabe.

hungry bloody BE just ate my answer ggrrrrr.

Yes theyhave told me its more than likely ectopic, they gave 48 hrs for HCG to rise not sure why though? if it doesnt then they'll admit me & keep me in to sort it out.

I'm dreading tomorrow i really am its been such a hard few weeks.

Thanks for asking after me hey.

What do they do for you? did they give you anything or operate??

K.x
  • hey i had that at the beginig of my last pregnancy they kept me in 2weeks to watch my hcg rise and told me everyday it wasnt an ongoing pregnancy then at 9weeks they told me i had a strong healthy baby which he was till i goto 20+weeks then he decided to give up then... i no it sounds bad but not everybodys ends like mine good luck with the results tomoro.
  • oh god thats the saddest thing to wait & think all is fine & then that you poor thing, how do youcope with that?

Mine wasnt a happy ending they confirmed ectopic today for sure they found it on my right ovary, has given meds to kill the pregnancy & ive to go back wed & fri to make sure HCG is dropping, if so i'll avoid surgery.
    I'm ok & i found i'm a much stronger person than i ever thought i could be but i suppose its early days perhaps it'll hit me like a train soon, but i think ill be ok.

K.xx
  • Hi hun - sorry to here it's ectopic. Sorry for the delay in replying too.

Mine was an "unknown" location! They saw my right ovary was enlarged so could have been on there - could have been anywhere!!! I was given methotrexate injection and my HCG levels are now coming down. So I didn't need an op - I just pray they continue to go down so don't get a second injection!

My level is down to about 479 - and will continue to text me every seven days until it's below 10!

I continued to spot until 10 days after when I started getting contraction type pains - not that I've ever been in labour - but thats all I can describe - then the following day it was a constant pain - then I passed the biggest clot I have ever seen and didn't look like a normal clot - was the lining of the womb apparently - it was awful! No one warned me about that - but then they do say everyone is different! I am not spotting still and I'm in my 6th week of bleeding so becoming very boring!

I had lots of pain and a trip to A&E - but I hope yours is more straight forward - I'm only telling you so you weren't as shocked as I was.

Hope this helps a bit hun - feel free to ask me anything - as I think you're going down the ssame route I did!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hi, oh god that sounds awful, i thought that was it once your levels were dropping, that is was over OMG image . How are you feeling now? I'm still like numb. I've cried by myself a few times but not infront of people is that weird? should i be balling all the time? feel like a bit of an odd ball TBH.

Dr. told me pain will get worse & will bleed a bit but thats expected but if pain gets v.bad to go straight to A&E. Pain has increased but isnt unbearable & no where near A&E type pain, no bleeding yet. Oh god doesnt sound like its working for me does it?

was it 10 days after your injection you started with bad pains & bleeding? what was it like during those 10 days straight after?

I didnt have jab i took 10 x 10mg tablets would this make a difference you think & my HCG has always been low 49 up to 98.1 in 7 days, then down to 88 7 days after that & up to 125 2 days later. thanks for letting me ask all the Q's!!

• Hi hun, I'm feeling much better - but when I get constipated (sorry if TMI) if pushes on everything and I just such pain - which is why I'm convinced it's on the right side. Other than that everything is ok and just spotting still.

I cried a couple of times when I first started bleeding - and when I was telling my OH about stuff docs said - but only probably cried once one my own. When I think I'm gonna cry I tend to try and do soemthing else to take my mind off it! I am still full of hormones so tend to cry at soaps and tv programs if something happy or sad happens. I think everyone is different so don't worry hun. When in pain my OH would try help and I would prefer to be left on my own curled up a ball - some people like us try to deal with it by ourselves - which is why I told all my family I had food poisioning! I only told my friends that knew I was pregnant what happened.

I think maybe becuase your levels are so low that might be why they gave you tablets hun! For me the 10 days after was nothing really - I was spotting - but thats why I was scanned in the first place. After the injection I thought I was getting away with the side effects - and then the contraction type pain started. Have you bled at all - maybe you won't bleed much as your level is so low. Have you been scanned - have you got a thick lining?

After my injection they told me they like it to go down by 20% after every 7 days - so don't worry too much - it's so low - and they'll be keeping a close eye on you. Mine is going down between 60 and 70% - which is good because I want all this over!

Let me know how you get on - and you are most welcome about asking me questions hun - I had no idea what the hell was happening to me - so if I can help you in any way then by all means just shout!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxx

• thanks for letting me chew your ear its good to have someone who knows exactly whats happening! funny you should say about the pain on your right side, mine is on my left but they found it on my right ovary, they told me its reflective pain or something like that, its pressing on ligaments & nerves so im feeling it on the other side, you know like with appendix it can hurt on the other side? well same thing, so it could be either your left or your right!

no i only bled for about a day and half like 4 weeks ago this coming saturday & sunday that was it. A bit of watery stuff but only needed panty liner not at all heavy & mostly after going to the loo. Lining was only 9mm last Friday not sure if thats thick or not TBH it was 11mm the week before but i had no bleeding since then so dont know where it went.

20% every 7 days for f*cks sake this is going to go on forever. I did a test praying for it to have faded, but no its the strongest pink line i have ever gotten Im so pissed off.

How long did they tell you you had to wait to TTC again? not in any rush myself its just I was told 6 months, but anything i read said 3 & I'd love a christmas baby for next year!?

• Hi hun,

Well been hospital today - and HCG is now down to about 180 - so it's going down - will be back there in 7 days for another blood test!

Last night I was in a big amount of pain again - it's happened before - like when I went to A&E - so told hospital about it today. Because when my bowel gets full - it pushes on the right side - and I feel the need to go toilet, go for a week and be sick all at the same. Well the hospital this morning when I told them fobbed me off and said it must be to do with the bowel and not the pregnancy!!!

So went to my GP straight after - was with her for nearly 30mins! She said I'm doing really well - as I had a few tears - she said if it was her she'd be a complete mess - so that was nice to hear I'm handling it well!!! She is going to call the consultant at the hospital as she said it's taking so long and I'm having conflicting information. Like being told to take folic acid for 3 months - my GP said it should be only one month and I should have started taking it already.

She kept apologising for the way the hospital have handled it. she felt my tummy and said there is nothing wrong with my bowel - but I am probably right when the bowel gets full it presses on the right and makes everything hurt! So she did more than the dam hospital! I've been given pain killers that are anti-inflamatory so should take down the swelling!!!! And she has signed me off for 2 weeks and I've only been back 2 days after 5 weeks off.

It seems like we are both being messed about a bit! Maybe you won't bleed that much as your levels are so low. I was told I'd bleed now until my HCG was gone - this is my 6th week bleeding - it's getting very boring!

I think the TTC stuff depends on how many doses of methorexate you have - if I'd of had two injections then I'd of had to wait 6 months. But as I've only taken one injection then I've got to wait 3 months! And one month has gone already - thank god!!! I can't wait to get christmas out of the way and try again!!!

It's taken me 18 months to get this far! I have PCOS and had to have treament of Clomid to get pregnant!!!! So I'm not sure how quickly I'll get pregnant again!

Has your pain gone now? Are you off work at the moment? I'm finding it very boring at home - have almost finished my xmas shopping online and probably wrapped about half of it!!!

Sorry I think it's ended up a bit of a long post!!!

Love M

XXXXX

• god they sound rubbish at your EPU, hopefully your doc can get them to look a little more closely.

Yes i'm off work I was off for a week when i thought it was MC when i went back boss told me i shouldnt have come back & was i sure i was ok i said yes for now i;m fine, that night i started with pain again & havnt been back since! this is my 4th week & hope to god i am ok for monday i am sooooo bored aswell. Although i got loads done for my own business. We are starting maternity wear online shop so i've got my stuff ordered & website is nearly ready to go, so that has taken my mind off of it.

I got 100mg of that stuff do you know how much is in the injection? i hope its only 3 months i've not to TTC image

Was back today but only saw nurse she just took blood & told me to come back friday & they'll compare today's with friday's results.

Pain is as good as gone now but my shoulder is killing me & down my side & around to my back wouldnt imagine its related though.

F*ck that 6 weeks bleeding how high was your HcG to start with? how far along were you when diagnosed?

Better go start dinner. Chat soon.
    K.x

• Hi hun,

I was 6 weeks when I was bleeding and having the investigations. I was 8 weeks when I had the injection - so by then my HCG was about 5 or 6 thousand!!!

I had blodd taken and told him to do my right arm as they always do - as getting from the left is difficult - just took off the plaster and there's loads of blood under the skin so he f*cked that up too!!!

I think injections are higher - but I couldn't tell you how much as I don't know - I know it was calculated on my weight and height! I would ask your doctor again hun - 3 months will probably be long enough - unless there's something we missed something!

The pain you mentioned have you told your doc? Not to worry you but they like to know about pain in shoulder tip incase it's internal bleeding. However - like you I had painful neck muscles and back pain a lot - and I'm convinced it's because I did so much resting and laying on that side! Also my hips ached and alsorts - I think it's part of the side affects!!!

It's nice to get a bit of time of work and have the time to do stuff - but yes it does get boring!

Thanks for letting me ramble on hun! It's good to get it all off my chest to someone who is going through something similar!!!

I just worked out when 12 weeks from my injection will be and it's 31st December - so I can start the new year afresh!!! I'm glad about that!!!

Hope your results are good and that you can go back to work monday!

XXXXXXXXXXXx
  • Hi, i said it to nurse when she asked about pain, but i'd imagine that kinda pain is quite intense this isnt, she never said nothing so guess its ok.

I will be/would be 8 weeks this week image, & quite heavy bleed happened at 4 weeks.

Do you know how many mg was in your shot? last question I promise!!

• I have no idea hun - they didn't tell me! The just gave me an injection in my bum - it bloody hurt!!!!

Just had work on the phone wanting to contact my doctor to confirm reason why off - my boss obviously doesn't believe me! Am so pissed off - because the two days I was back I showed her my hospital discharge letters!!! It's either they contact my doc or I don't get paid for the next two weeks - as if I need the stress of this on top of everything else!!!

Maybe I'll know a bit more after my doc has spoken to my consultant!!!

xxxx

• the cheek! if that happened to me i'd give my doc permission to discuss it no probs but also ask her to give a bollocking for prying into employees private business & for not believing doc's certs, god thats horrible thats really putting pressure on you to go back, but if you're not ready you're not ready simple as that. cheeky arse whoever that was.

sorry your bum hurt mrs i had tetanus in my bum once & it hurt forages there was a great big lump for weeks!

• Awww thanks hun - but the pain went after about an hour! So it wasn't too bad!!!

Think these painkillers I'm on make me sleepy - found it difficult to get out of bed this morning!!!

I know it's bad about work - and I'm more relaxed about it now! But yes it is added stress!!!

When do you next see your doc? Are you gonna ask about the 6 month wait?

xxxxxxx
  • back in the morning should know more by late afternoon. Yes i will ask dr about 6 mth wait, it was the nurse who told me 6 mth perhaps she got it wrong so i'll check.

Have such a headache tonight gonna go now & take couple of panadol & pop off to bed. Night night although its prob tomorrow now when you're reading this!. xx
  • Morning hun,

good luck and let me know how it goes and what your result s - hope it's all over for you and you can go back to work. I got headaches a lot when I was first off work - partly the methotrexate - and partly I think because I rarely went out the house and got fresh air!!!

Well another day at home for me - I am having my shopping delivered soon and apart from that I might do some christmas wrapping or card writing or something!

Catch up with you later

XXXXXXXXXXX

• Hi,

good news wednesday's bloods had dropped from 125 to 118 not great but between wednesday & today its down to 76 which is great. Have to go back weekly until back to a pre-pregnancy level. I'm getting lots of headaches too. No pain again today, just waiting for the dreaded bleed now :\( but am out tomorrow night so looking forward to a good drink image.

Asked about the 6 month wait. She said they say 3 months but they advise 6 to be sure everything is ok so i think i'll go in between & start TTC again mid March thats 4 & a half months may even feb. I dont think they would say 3 months if there was still a chance of something going wrong would they? & all cases i've read over net have said 3 mth a few even said they were told just to wait for 1 cycle??? I will be sh*tting a brick though that it'd happen again i cant imagine having to go through this again.

You should go for a walk or something for some air, although saying that i wouldnt!! Are you gonna just wait the 3 months ??
  • Hi ya - glad that it's dropping hun! I too keep going back every week until I'm down to a low level - below 10 I think he said!

Yeah I'm gonna wait 3 months! As they said 3 months - but I'm gonna make sure take folic acid as forgot the odd day last time! They also told me no sex for 3 months - SOD THAT!!! Soon as the bleeding stops I'm jumping my man!!! I rang my private doc and all the nurses said use contraception! I don't ovulate without drugs - so with contraception and not ovulating it's doubtful I'll get pregnant!!!!

I think they just say what they fancy half the time! Half of the information I've been given my GP disagrees with! Thats why shes calling the consultant!!!

I hope you have a good night tomorrow night! I have just finished making some xmas gifts and wrapping a load - think I have 2 gifts to buy and a couple of stocking fillers for my man and I'm done - phew!!! I want December to be stress free if I'm ttc in January!

Take care hun - and have a fab night tomorrow and let your hair down!

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Hi Katyjo & Mummywannabe,

Sorry to gatecrash, but i've just went through exactly what you two have:

I started to bleed on Oct 1st after getting my BFP on 22/9/08, then got pains on 7th Oct and by 7pm on that night i'd had my MTX shot and was on my way home with DH!!!

My EPU were terrible and never really told me much until a doctor came in and said "so you've got an ectopic" like i knew already?!

Anyway i bled for 4.5 wks and now my HCG is at 3 and the 3 month wait begins - can't wait for 2009 wan't to forget all about 2008!!!

Me and my DH went out Xmas shopping yesterday and honestly EVERY female i saw was either Heavily Pregnant or carrying a new baby - i went into meltdown and burst out crying - never thought it'd affect me like that - thought i was quite strong but my feelings are all over the place. Not that i wish anything bad at all on any of these women who are pregnant or have a baby but i just felt cheated after doing everything right you know, folic acid, eating properly, excercise etc etc then we end up with ectopic - i know they say it's just bad luck - but this bad luck hurts like hell!!

Anyway hope you two are ok and if you fancy a moan or just a chat hit my email buttonimage

Love, Dust and PMA

Broxi xx
  • Hi,

Well i went out saturday night & OMG image made a complete show of myself I'm mortified!!! Was chatting with my dad & got really emotional & started balling crying in the pub in front of everyone i was inconsolable Hubby brought me home after spending i dont know how long stuck to my mates shoulder outside the pub. I am so embarrassed, i dont do crying in front of anyone incl. OH & now i just f*cking go into meltdown in front of loads of people shameful!!

I know half of it was the drink but i wasnt that bad, although i was drinking pints & i havnt drank pints in months & months perhaps it was that?. Im just soooooo glad i dont go out that often & by the time i do again they will have forgottenimageops:!!

I dont know what to do now about TTC I'd love a xmas baby but not if its going to be risky for the baby i cannot go through this again, not so soon.

HI broxibear, so sorry to hear you;ve had to go through this too, hope you dont mind if dig a bit of info from your experience. How far along exactly were you when you were diagnosed? I have only had 1.5 days of bleeding that was way back when they told me I'd had a complete mc & i'm still waiting to lose whats died off in there its 10 days since my MTX. Did you find the bleeding really horrendous & was it painful & OMG 4.5weeks of it poor youimage??