Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please can I join you?

I had a gut feeling something wasn't as it should be and I was right. A scan at the EPU today showed that my pregnancy is anembryonic - the embryo had stopped developing a few days after conception but my body has continued to behave as if I were pregnant.

Apparently spontaneous miscarriage could take a while to happen so I'm going in on Monday for a D&C.

For the first time in my life I experienced that 'life falling down around you' feeling when I saw the empty sac on the scan screen.

I just feel numb.

B x

Replies

• Hi B

So sorry to hear your news

I too am new to this forum as found out last Wednesday that I have had a missed miscarriage - should have been 9+6 at scan but bean only measured 9 weeks and no heartbeat detected. Had only had a scan two weeks previous which showed bean with a strong heartbeat cry.

Totally gutted as had no symptoms apart from a tiny clot which prompted me ringing EPU. Baby and sac was still in tact (but baby had obviously died) so am waiting for nature to take it's course (have previously had 3 D&C's before giving birth to my little man in Jan this year) so I really wanted to avoid op.

Booked for re scan this Wed to see how things are progressing - really breaking my heart as apart from the tiny clot, I've had no bleeding or anything yet. Have decided though that when I go back am gonna ask for D&C as don't think I am strong enough now to wait for things to happen naturally and want to try get back to "normal" asap and enjoy the run up to christmas with my little boy.

The worst part is my body obviously still thinks I'm pregnant - still got all my symptoms and stomach getting bigger - I know bean is no longer growing but my body doesnt seem to be in a hurry to let it go

The girls on here are a great support and I'm sure they will support you too as you go through this awful time

Take care

Mandy x
  • Oh I'm so sorry.

Thank you for replying, it helps just knowing that there are other women who are going through the same thing.

I feel so angry that there are total scumbags firing out babies they don't deserve and don't look after, but it seems to be the people who want them the most and have done everything right that suffer.

Baby P is on the news all the time - I feel so full of fury and anger and I don't know what to do with it.

I know I'm not strong enough to let nature take it's course which is why I opted for a D&C straight away. I'm feeling quite scared about it but I guess it's just fear of the unknown.

My partner is being amazing but I know he's devastated and I don't know how to console him. I feel like I've failed him.

B x
  • Hi B

I am so sorry for your loss.

Good luck with the D&C - hope everything goes as well as possible.

I am glad your partner is being so supportive. Please don't feel like you've failed him, it wasn't your fault...and I am sure he doesn't think that at all. But I do understand the self blame and self hatrid that goes along with a mc.

Take care, NN xx
  • Hello sweetie, I'm so, so sorry for your loss; it's truly heartbreaking to lie there and see that empty sac, I have been there twice with mmcs and totally feel for you. The world seems to stop turning for a while and all the amazing feelings of joy of finding out you're pregnant turn into terrible grief and loss. Am sending you lots of love and hugs to get you through this totally crappy time. Good luck for Monday, try not to worry too much about the procedure, it is painless in the physical sense, just an incredibly hard time emotionally. Try not to beat yourself up and use all the support offered to you. Your OH will feel completely at a loss for what to do for himself as well as you. Just talk and cry and talk some more and take it very slowly, one day at a time. The pain does lessen, I know you can hardly believe now that you will ever feel happy again, but you will and though you will never forget your little one, you will be able to move to a place of more acceptance. Keep strong and let us know how you're doing xxxx
  • Im so sorry to hear about your loss, everybody on here is lovely, we all have our own special stories.

This is a awful thing to go through, and nothing anybody can say can make you feel better, but i have been using this website i have learnt a lot, and have made some new friends in the process. It has really helped me get through the past month, and i know this is a cliche, but time has helped. I feel better now than i did a month ago, and although i know this will stay with me, i can see a future now, and i am slowly getting back to 'normal'.

Good luck with your journey x