Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Having a mc.

I'm in the middle of having a mc.I was 9 wks pregnant but started bleeding and after having an internal scan on tuesday we found out that it had stopped growing at 6 weeks. I am still bleeding quite heavily and would like to know when you stop bleeding. At the minute everytime i go to the toilet it's like a slap in the face as i know i'm losing my pregnancy.
Thanks in advance for your replies.xx

Replies

• sorry for your loss - i had a miscarriage on Monday 7th july - i started spotting on the Wednesday before whilst i was in Las Vegas i had to come home on the Friday and went straight to the hospital on the Saturday lunch time - at first they said it was a threatened miscarriage but i continued to bleed on and off until Monday lunchtime when i actually had a full miscarriage. I bled properly from the Monday lunchtime until late Thursday evening (by the time i got up on Friday it had stopped). I havent actually had what i would call a proper period yet but i did have really light bleeding just over 2 weeks ago which the doctor believes was probably a very light AF. My doctor told me to wait for one period before trying again but i have read on many websites that you are very fertile after a miscarriage and that you can fall again sometimes immediately.
    The pain you feel at the moment will lessen but the best thing to do is focus on something else. Spend as much time as you need doing what you have to do to make you feel better - my doctor signed me off for 2 weeks and i basically did nothing during the day but spent real quality time with my husband. In time you will feel better trust me xx

Sorry if this is a bit long xx
  • I am sorry. I had an mc at just over 5 weeks. I bled for 3 days then stopped for a few days and then bled for another 3. I had my first AF 6 weeks and a day after the first day of mc.

I know what you mean about the bleeding though, I broke down everytime I went to the loo for that very reason. Passing the big clots was awful although I had no pain. I hope you are not in any pain.

If you need to talk we are all here. Feel free to join us in ttc after mc when you are ready xx
  • Nikr
    Sorry to hear your sad news.
    From experience the bleeding can last a week or two but if you're bleeding what I would call 'fresh blood' (sorry to everyone else for TMI but I'm trying to help!), then go back and see your doc. Mine gave me some tablets which stopped the bleeding, I think my body was a bit confused.That was last time. Currently I'm over a week in and still losing more period like clots so I think it can sometimes take its time. Don't forget you can always ring your GP if you have a question, I've found the oncall doc very helpful over the phone (seem to have spent a lot of the last few weeks in and out of docs and hospital).
    All the best
    Thinking of you
  • Thanks for your support girls,its much appreciated.
    I actually passed my little bean last night and it was the most horrific thing i've ever been through.It didn't hurt physically but the pain i felt inside was unbearable. How do you move on from something like that?
    I don't really know how i'm meant to be feeling,i don't think i could ever go through something like this again and my heart goes out to all of you who have gone through this many times before,you are so strong.
    Nikki xx
  • Really sorry to hear of your loss my heart goes out to you. Sending you a great big hug.
    We are all here whenever you need to rant, cry, talk etc.

I had mc on 8th May and the worse bit was passing my lil bean, so i can imagine how your feeling.

Take care
    XXX

• Nikki
    Not sure we're strong - just optimistic that we will do it next time, the dream is enough!
    However that doesn't mean there aren't dark moments (even days) where nothing else seems important next to what you're going through. I was never very patient with 'bad parenting' (a bit judgemental!) but now it makes me soooooo angry when I see someone I don't think is doing their best for their child - you know - smoking over a pram, shouting at the kids, screaming children in the supermarket. I really have to tell myself that when I have kids I will have bad days too. I find myself drifting away from conversations - no attention for the trivial things that other people want to talk about because my worries are so much greater.
    I'm sure that in time I will start to relate to the world again and remember that I once cared about these people and their worries too but its not just yet, and I think thats ok for now.
    Take your time, grieve in your own way, but don't forget to come back to those who you love and love you and start to reconnect to your life.
    Lentil