Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Aspirin and recurrent m/c

Has anyone taken this during pregnancy to help thin blood as it may have caused recurrent m/c due to blood clotting?

After my second m/c, the nurse advised me to try it should I ever try again and I've read on the net other women have done it and sucessfully sustained a pregnancy. Just wondered if anyone on here has any experience in doing this.

Also has anyone had two recurrent m/c's then gone on to have a sucessful pregnancy the third time with or without the aspirin? I'm thinking of trying again and want to know that there is hope for me.

Replies

• hi tracy,

i didn't want to read and run - i haven't heard of this before so i can't really comment. if your nurse told you it was ok then i guess it is. but you don't know that your mc was caused by blood clotting do you?

i'm currently trying again after 2 mc, but i'm waiting impatiently for ovulation. i personally don't want to take anything unless it i've been told by doctor but that is my choice.

i hope you have success whatever you decide to do.

big hugs xxx
  • I have had 3 mc's and after a lot of testing, i was told i have a Protein S deficiency

Everyone's GP or Cons will treat them differently.

I have been told to start taking Baby Aspirin from 4weeks of being pregnant until 6weeks after giving birth. At 5 weeks i also have to start heparin injections on a daily basis to thin the blood

I know some are told to start taking low dose aspirin from when they are TTC.

I wouldn't take any tablets (even if it is a low dose) without it being recommended from you Doctor first hun

Does it work?? Yes, there are a few girls on here who i have spoken to who it has worked for image

Best of luck hun x
  • Hi i took baby aspirin while trying for my baby after i had 2 mc's and had ovary taken away,my consultant told me to take 1 a day with folic acid and to take it until i was past 12 weeks(when i mc the 1st time)
    I am now 22 weeks pregnant and i would take them if i try 4 another baby.lisa xx