Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bleeding after sex

Hi all. Its a month since my mc. The problem is every time I bd, I start to have some bleeding. This varies from quite a lot of brown/red spotting, to brown spotting which led to af, and then today We bd'd as af finally stopped, and I had some more red spotting. It wasnt much, but it was there.

I have a niggly worry that there might be something wrong, but my rational voice is saying that its prob due to the mc, and maybe my cervix is just a bit more sensitive right now? Has anyone had this, or know anything that could be causing it?

Thanx. xxx

Replies

• hey, didn't want to read and run. how long have you had this for? maybe you are right in that things might be a bit more sensitive down there.
    also this is far tmi but when i've bd'd in the past around the time AF is due then i've had a bit of brown etc but i figured this may be AF starting and that bd'ing had let it loose (sorry that sounds strange!). i've also had it a few times in the past at the end of AF when i think it is all over (last day etc) and BD'd but i figured that could be the last bits of AF coming out. maybe see if it happens again in a few days when you know AF is well and truly over?
    sorry can't be of much use but if it worries you maybe ring NHS?
    lots of babydust for this coming month xxx
  • Thanx mrs_e, af has only just left me, so maybe thats what it is. im not unduly worried just yet, but as you say I will go and see gp if it carries on over the next few days or so. Today it really was just 'something and nothing' as it stopped almost as soon as it started, so I dont think its serious. Babydust to you too hun. xx
  • things ok now hun? xx