Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

had my d&c yesterday

hi all i had my d&c yesterday after being told i had lost my baby at 9 weeks due to not developing and heart beat stopping at 9 weeks. I just have a couple of questions if use dont mind. How many of use have pcos? and has anyone got pcos and managed to carry fullterm in the past? I am still in shock i thonk at min and just want to know a reason why the baby did not develop properly. The gyn just said not to worry and that i can try again and this isnt my future. However after reading some sites i see that pcos has a high risk and now i am worried i might never carry fullterm ever. xxx:\?:\?

Replies

• I myself have recently experienced a mis-carriage at 7 weeks. I do not have PCOS but my sister does and she succesfully had a healthy baby girl. She unfortunately did have two mis-carriages first.
    Give yourself time to grieve and your gyn is right you will get there!

• thankyou c jackson for reply. am sorry for your loss to, takecare xxx
  • Hi i had my first child nearly 6 years ago no problem conceiving and carried her to full term then when she was 2 we decided to have another got pg straight away but sadly had mc at 9 weeks and we carried on trying straight after but it took us 3 years for our son, as after 2 years went to docs and had tests done hubby was ok but i had pcos they found cysts on just 1 ovary and said i had a 50% chance of conceiving, they said that because of this thats maybe why i mc'd.
    We embarked on ivf and we were waiting for our second appointment when i discovered i was pg and i went on to carry him fullterm even 6 days overdue and am currently 34 weeks pg with no 3, so there is hope and i dont see why you wont get pg and carry full term it just takes time to and you will get there good luck and take care.
    vikki xx