Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Its so hard!!

Hi girls,

I really need to get some advise...I miscarried 4 weeks ago now and really felt like I was getting better but I found out last night that my best friend is 6 + 3 pregnant.

I am happy for her but it has made me feel so rubbish. I'm trying to put on a front in front of her...I know its not her fault, she felt bad enough telling me. I feel I have gone back to the day when I found out I miscarried and now I feel even nore of a failure and just keep thinking why me.

I do really want to be there for her and I don't want her to feel as though she can't come and talk to me but its just so hard. Has anyone else be in this kind of situation?

S XXX

Replies

• Hi sweetie,

Yes, all of us on here feel like this- it's totally normal.

It is so hard seeing PG women and little babies. I got my BFP the same time as another girl I know. I had an ectopic and meanwhile She is still PG. I would be 14 + 3 today. Since coming out of hospital in September I have not been able to face going to the pub. I know she will be there and others too

I don't feel I will ever be able to face it

Good luck sweetie

• Yes lovey, the week I mc'd my sister in law let slip that she was expecting and was a week and a half ahead of me. I actually thought I was going to be sick. She didn't know about my mc otherwise I am sure she would not actually tell me. Evertime I see her it reminds me where I should be. I have still not told her about my mc because I don't want her to feel awkward around me. What I can say is that it does get easier. I now feel genuinely happy for her and excited about having another niece, I will have 3 by the time this one comes along. I can be cool auntie and hand them back when they cry and although it is no replacement for having your own I know it will happen for me one day and until then I am going to make the most of them. You will be fine xxx
  • Sorry to hear about your loss, as the others have said, weve all been there so totally understand how your feeling. Have a flick through some of the threads, i found them really useful after my ectopic.

Also come across to ttc after a mc, even if your not ttc again yet, there's always someone to talk to, and you never know you might even have a giggle....we have lots of fun (honestly) are very supportive and have been known to have a bit of a whinge, so come and off load with us...

Hope your being well looked after x
  • Thanks for your replies ladies.

I know my time will come. I'm just going to try to be strong and be there for my friend like she has always been for me xx