Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

miscarriages

I hada mmc in nov. I went for an early scan @ 6 weeks all was fine, however i went for my 12 week scan 6 weeks later and there was only the sac there. She started scanning me and i knew something was wrong. Then she confirmed it. But it was made worse coz she said the baby had disintergrated back into itself as it had been dead for a good few weeks. I was heart broken, absoultley guted. Also the hospital made me wait a WEEK before they could give m a d n c, which made it worse, coz like jackie of hollyoaks it made me think i was still pregnant. It was a horrible time for me. Luckily my oh was supportive and understood.
We deceided to try again straight away, and i am now 30 + 5 weeks pregnant. let me tell you it hasnt been easy but i have done it. x x x

Replies

• Hey Abbey

Thanks for sharing your experiences. It really helps. I had mmc in June and like you had an early scan which showed everything was fine. At the 2nd scan it was just like your story.

We are ttc this month and it really helps to read about successes and it has happened to other people.

Good luck and hope all goes smoothly
    love sian X
  • Hi girls
    I also had similar experience. 3 months after having my son I found out I was pg again.. (not planned, I was waiting for my periods to return after my son) but was very much wanted after we found out.
    Because i had no idea how far on I was, my m/w worked out 10 weeks, but sent me for an early scan. They could only see an empty sac, and said baby died around 6 weeks.. I was gutted.
    I just think my body wasnt ready, and I was also very stressed out with my 3 month old boy.

I am now pg again after a 2 year gap. Im 9 weeks tomorrow and got a scan next friday. Im petrified of going for my scan next week, I'll be 10 weeks and scared i will go through the same as last time.. empty sac.
    I had no signss last time, so thats whhat worries me this time, as havnt had any m/c signs. I have bloated up already, and boobs have grown and are very sore, so I do feel pg, just still very worried for next week.
    I can only hope and pray for a happy scan, and then look forward to our new baby and get excited at last.

Sorry to tell long story guys.. im sure theres a few out there with similar experiences.
    Good luck to all of you who are trying again, and also to the ones who are expecting again.
    caz xx
  • hi i had a miscarige in 2002 found out i was about 9 weeks gregnant then went for a scan and the doctor couldnt find a hea\rt beat i cried for days afterwards couldnt face going out or anything i still think about my baby now 5 years on it never goes away the pain is always there but somehow you manage to keep it locked away it really helps coming on here and talking with other people who have gone throught the same things love sammy xxxxxxxxxx:\):\)
  • I have just had a mmc they wouldnt give me a d and c i was gutted as last time i had a mmc before my son was born 8 years ago they gave me d and c but this time i was sent home to pass it naturally this has been very painful both physically and emotionally, im taking 1 day at a time both times there was just a sac but this time i was 11 weeks.
  • Hi Abbey its nice to hear a happy ending.
    I'm trying next week so fingers crossed.

Hi buzzbuzz68 I'm sorry they'v sent you home, it must be really hard, I had to wait over a wk for my d&c & I found that hard.
    Take Care
    Love Helen