Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sleepless in Oz

Goodmorning All!

I just woke at 3am to sever cramping and bleeding like I never thought was possible! Now losing the baby feels very real.... I cant sleep and I am not sure what I am feeling as I laid there watching my partner snore without a care in the world. I wonder if our partners will ever know how devastating this is for us. I just read the poem posted by "laujai" and I have to say that is the most beautiful thing I have ever read and at the same time it bought me to my knees. I thought I was a toughie and could deal with anything but this is unimaginable. My heart feels for you "laujai" that has gone through this three times I wish there was something I could say to comfort you but from what I have read of your comments you sound like the most beautiful caring person and I have to believe that your time will come. I will check in from time to time and I really hope that we all get the happy ending we deseve.

much love mel x

Replies

• Oh sweetie I'm sorry this is getting painful for you. I'm sure your partner is just as devestated as you. i found a hot water bottle helped with the cramps and lots of chocolate (maybe even a drop of wine!) can work wonders too xx
  • im sorry to hear this lovey.
    you should have woken your husband up,im sure hed be very upset to know you were dealing with this on your own.

thinking of you today xxxxx
  • I agree with DM hot water bottle and paracetamol got me through it. I found it best if I had it against my lower back.

I think the boys feel the loss in a different way. For us it's like a part of us, but for them it's more the concept of what's coming. My hubby had been looking at estate cars online pretty much every day since we got the BFP. I think he felt more the loss of all the things we'd planned to come than the actual pregnancy. Ask yours how it's affected him, it's bound to be different to you.