Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

whats the first sign of mc? sorry to ask ...

hi ..
so sorry to ask but i really want to be aware of the signs. I believe i had a mc very early on in my life (when i was far to young).. but right now i was posative i was pregnant, but doctors test says otherwise...

i KNOW i wasnt imagining all the symptoms... and am now feeling very harsh cramps, which i never really get near my period....

please could someone let me know what to watch out for. so sorry if its hard for you to say.
thank you so much to anyone who replys'....
its just that im not convinced an egg wasnt fertalised.

Replies

• Hey, I had a really early mc, probably when I was around 5 weeks. I knew it was different from a normal period as I started bleeding quite heavily very quickly and the pain was quite intense. Also, the bleeding seemed to last a bit longer than my usual period. No painkillers seemed to ease the pain. At the time I didn't think it was a mc, but looking back and working out my dates I almost certainly know it was. Having said all this, I am now 30 weeks pregnant with a little girl, so there's always hope. xx
  • hey,

when i had a mc all i did was bleed i didn't have the cramps until after i had a d & c sorry i am not sure if i was of any help
    amber
  • Hiya, i have had 2 mc's and both times ive just started bleeding without pain, then gone on to have pain so bad that i couldnt walk and was screeming in agony. Both mc's i had to stay overnight in hospital. If you are miscarrying, you will deffinately know about it xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev190pf___.png

• my mc i had no warning, i just went to the toilet and when i wiped there was blood, went to a&e and they tested my urine and said i was still pregnant but probably having a mc. I bled like a very light period for 4 days, no cramps or clots (that i noticed) and then a week later i did a test and it was negative and that was it..... Everyone is different and i was only 5/6 weeks pregnant.

Hope that helps. x
  • hey hun - with mine i had all pain on one side, and a constant ache in the bottom of my back. but everyone i know who has been pregnant and carried full term with no problems have also experienced cramping through out their pregnancy so try not to get to stressed hun. best of luck xxx
  • thanks for all your info ladies. im sorry to have to ask but ive been concerned that im about to mc myself. ive got a son already and have recently felt very pregnant (i knew last time)...
    Ive had all the symptoms, however all tests are coming negative. ive also had sharp pains recently and period like pains constantly!.. so im slightly worried i could be having a mc... im due on, on wednesday.. so if late shall go to the docs for investigaion.
    really appreciate your reply's, as i know its hard to speak about.
    thanks
    em x
  • Hi
    I had a D&C last Wednesday after I found out the week before Christmas that I'd had a missed miscarriage. I'm 38 and this was my first pregnancy, absolutely devastated as I feel that this was my one and only chance of having a baby. I also feel that now the D&C has been done I'm meant to "get on" with life, How?. Any advise on how to move on would be appreciated and I send all my love to all of you who have gone through the same experience. But I will say that the D&C was painless and I'm glad I opted for that option.