Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

an angel never dies

I lost a baby girl at 16 weeks in may 2003 and another baby at 11 weeks in october 2003,(I also miscarried my 7 year old daughters twin in 1999) I know i will never forget my babies as long as i live even though i have had 2 beautiful children since and am now blessed with 4 healthy children, when i had my first m/c someone gave me this poem and i thought it was such a beautiful poem i wanted to share it with you, i hope you dont mind.

Dont let them say i wasnt born, that something stopped my heart,
I felt each tender squeeze you gave, I've loved you from the start,
Although my body you cant hold, it doesnt mean i'm gone,
This world was worthy not of me, God chose that I move on,
I know the pain that drowns your soul, what you are forced to face,
You have my word, I'll fill your arms,
Someday we will embrace.
You'll hear that it was meant to be, God doesnt make mistakes.
But that wont soften your worst blow, or make your heart not ache.
I'm watching over all you do, another child you'll bear,
Believe me when I say to you that I am always there,
There'll come a time I promise you, when you will hold my hand,
Stroke my face and kiss my lips and then you'll understand,
Although I've never breathed your air
Or gazed into your eyes,
That doesnt mean I never was...
An angel never dies.

take care all of you Love Hayley x

Replies

• im also blessed with my children and thankfull not suffered a mc, though a friend of mine did and was obviously devastated.
    just read this and tears r rolling down my face, such a truely beautiful poem, i will pass this on. xx
  • Oh my god that poem is so nice.....tears are streaming down my face now. i had a mc in jan and as it happens fell pregnant again fairly quickly. But also my brother in laws father died suddenly last night and its made me think of him and how his family are coping. i am now 31 weeks gone with a little boy. I have a feeling that my first baby was a little girl i dont know why as i was only 6 weeks gone but i jsut feel she was a girl. I dont talk about it to be honest as im trying to concentrate on this pregnancy and dont want to upset myself anymore than is needed. Iit has helped being pregnant again as its taken the edge of the dates etc... even tho ill never forget that my little girl should have been born on 24th sept. a day im not looking forward to.
    Anyway i hope everyone is ok and stay and stay strong too.
  • what a beautiful poem that is! I have never had to suffer a miscarriage but i have just had a little boy 9 weeks ago. That poem really brought tears to my eyes and made me realise even more how truely lucky i am to have him.
    My heart goes out to all of you that have had to suffer through such an awful thing
    xxx
  • aww how sweet that poem was lovely an amazin sure made me hav tears wot a true poem that is i lost a baby at end ov december last year missed m/c was 10 weeks dint know til my 12 week scan i always fink ov the poor lil mite i was due 20th july just gone nvr 4got im now 17wk+3days n due 5th feb 08 havin a lil boy complications at the 1st aswell 2 much fluid round bk ov neck so i keep avin 2 go 2 leeds lgi but thankfully the fluids goin now had tests done 4 downs n that n all came bk clear. well just like 2 say hope ur all ok n im gonna write that poem down its so lovely take care all lv alison! XxXxX
  • I go to a spiritualist church and the lady taking the service last night was talking about when babies leave us, for whatever reason, abortion, miscarriage, stillbirth etc. These babies become pure angels to look after and guide us and she said that when we see white feathers these are from the angels.

S x
  • that is such a good poem, when i read it it made me think of my lo that died inside me. Some days i still find it hard but know i have to move on x x
  • ow my god that poem is beutifull it made me cry so much i have never read a poem that has hit my heart quite like that one i will have to keep that one it was amazing sammy xxxx
  • that poem is lovley,i had misscarage in 2003,iv heard a few poems as my nephew passed away last yr at 2days old,so find alot to put on his flowers ext but that has to b the best one iv heard.
  • that poem was lovely had tears in my eyes. thankyou i will keep and print it out and put in my memory box..

becs xxx lost baby bump april 2007
  • I have to thankyou for putting that poem on i have read it everyday since my mc a week ago and it really helps although i cry each time
    its a lovely poem
    love penny
  • this poem still makes me cry and gives me goose bumps each time i read it, like you becs i have a copy of it in my memory box.
  • im so sorry to for your loss it is a terible thing to lose a child. my nephew was born at 40weeks and passed away at 2days.we got through it by talking about him and beeing there for each other the babys mum went into auto run and kept her self busy,we also wrote notes and put pictures and teddys in his coffin when we went to see him.will b thinking of you next week.
  • oh what a peom ive been crying loads just trying to read it i lost baby in jan this year baby would have been due 5th aug this year i am convinced it was a girl lost her at 12wks as i have boy at 19mnths and due 2nd boy 4th dec this year i we went to beach and let off special balloon with card attached and it went up very high till couldnt see it anymore ill never forget lo and know ill meet her one day and this peom has made me more sure of that . im gnna print it off and keep in forever so thanks again

tracey xxx
  • hhobby14 - sorry to read about your loss. Will be thinking of you over the next few days/ weeks

Love Sian XX
  • Hi
    hobby 14. You poor thing. You sound like you really been through it of late.

My sister lost a baby born too early recentley and we trawled poems that said what she was feeling. This is the one she found best:

WE CANNOT CARE FOR YOU THE WAY WE WANTED
    NOR CRADLE YOU NOR LISTEN FOR YOUR CRY
    BUT SEPERATED AS WE ARE BY SILENCE
    OUR LOVE FOR YOU WILL NEVER DIE

WE CANNOT WATCH YOU GROW INTO CHILDHOOD
    AND FIND A NEW UNIQUENESS IN EVERY DAY
    BUT AS SPECIAL AS YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN AMONG US
    SO YOU WILL ALWAYS STAY

WE WILL NEVER KNOW YOUR TRUE POTENTIAL
    WHICH EACH PASSING DAY WOULD SUMMON AND REVEAL
    BUT KNOW THAT OUR LOVE FOR YOU
    WE WILL ALWAYS FEEL

SO THROUGH THE MESS AND ANGER, GRIEF AND TIREDNESS
    THROUGH TENSIONS NOT YET RECONCILED
    WE GIVE TO YOU GOD THE WORSHIP OF OUR SORROW
    AND OUR DARLING LITTLE CHILD

LORD IN YOUR ARMS YOU CRADLE ALL CREATION
    WE REST AND PLACE OUR BABY BEYOND DEATH
    BELEIVING THAT THEY NOW, ALIVE IN HEAVEN
    BREATH WITH YOU THEIR EVERY BREATH

we found it on a site called http://www.southamptonsands.org.uk/poems.html#iona

they are lots of personilsed poems on there. They are sad but just nice to read to know so many are going through the same sad time and toshare your grief.

Hope you have happier times ahead of you.

take care x
  • Thank you for this beautiful poem i had a miscarrige last year at 8 weeks i was overjoyed when i found out i was pregnant this Feb at 20 weeks i went for a appintment with the consultant re my back and wheather i would be able to have a natural birth. i asked if they could have a listen to the baby's heart beat. After a little while they said that they thought they could hear something but wasn't sure. i had a scan and sound that there was no heart beat. i delieved our beautiful baby girl in July. I love her so much and miss her so much. we have no children and it is so lovely to hear that you went on to have children it gives me hope.

thank you

Ann
  • Thank you for posting that poem.

We had a mmc last year, found out at the 12 week scan and I'm now 25 weeks pregnant but we will never forget our first little one. We had a girl feeling, don't know if we were right or not but we like to think that our little girl is a guardian angel watching over her little brother in my tummy.
  • The poem actually made me smile, not cry. I thought it was so beautiful that I am not upset but just sad for the babies I lost. I wrote a lot of poems after each baby I have lost as they helped me express my feelings. They are a great medicine.

Love to you all xxx
  • I'd heard the poem before but reading it again made me sob,

I had my 1st M/C when I was 16 and then again 3 years ago. I'm still grieving for the first baby who I always thought was a girl. I lost the second baby while I was going through spliting with my ex so I never really took in what had happened as I was a mess anyway.
    My new partner and I are ttc now and fingers crossed it'll happen asap with no probs along the way.
    To those of you going through the pain of loosing a much loved baby loads of love and big hugs xxxx