Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long will it go on for?

Hi all

I'm currently miscarrying - I was only 5 weeks pregnant so a very early MC.

I've been bleeding heavily for about 24hrs. I'm passing a lot of smaller clots and have passed two rather large clots (about the size of a 50p). The bleeding (well the heaviness and clots) seems to have slowed in the last hour - does that mean I am over the worse?

Its awful, yucky and just awful. I know I can't wear tampons so I'm feeling every little thing. Its just horrid and worse than horrid :cry:

Dr has been great so far (shame about the receptionist and the nurse :evil: ). I have to ring if the pain gets any worse or if the bleeding doesn't slow by later today. He said I will probably get sent to the EPU and then to check whether I need a small operation to ensure its all gone. So far there is hardly any pain - is that normal? Its really just the bleeding and clots.

We just want it over as soon as possible so we can start to grieve properly (Dr has said there is still a slight chance baby is ok but I think we all know its gone) and move on.

Julie xxx