Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Forgiving But Never Forgetting

Replies

• Options
    its hard isn't it, i have two children 5 n 9 months n i am so thankful for them but i miscarried in feb only was bout 7 weeks but im struggling to deal with it, my OH was upset but for me its so hard, i saw my sil n shes heavily pregnant my OH and i decided to try again next year. I keep thinking of the baby i lost and its so hard, need to have a family day on the date baby would have been due. I think its important to remember.
  • Options
    I totally agree, we lost our first pregnancy last Jan, and i was devastated, i thought i would never get over this, i thought i would never try again, i could hardly get out of my bed (like you i have been struggling all through my life with depression and suicidal tendencies and my OH and family were going nuts), but now, 2 months after my D&C (it was 29/1) i can say that i am fine, i still miss my baby, and the yearning to be a mother is much more, but i am at peace with myself and the world.

So to the rest of teh ladies who are new here, believe me the worst is past, and believe it or not, time does make it better, and you will get over it.

Love
    Renee xx
  • Options
    Hi,

I recently had a MMC and went through medical management (im still bleeding a little but officially 'lost' my little one last monday) i too thought on a tattoo as a permanent reminder as i have always wanted a star to represent any children i may have however this was my first pregnancy and we are devestated. We originally planned to try in June as i lost my mum in September but decided to try in January and got pregnant 1st month but it was obviously too good to be true....

I thought on a little heart with wings at the side (there are some nice designs out there if u search) and went to make my appointment yesterday - i also thought on a butterfly as some childrens charities use these to symbolise children who have sadly died however after looking around i choose a flower - its all black so i think it will sit nicely above my tattoo i already have which is a black chinese symbol for 'good luck' on my ankle (though its brought me anything but) i always said i wanted another one and after trying to work out where to put it (i was going to get one on bottom of my back as i dont like ones that are really obviously on show) then decided to put it above that one.

Instead of 'leaves' at the side it looks a little like wings and the four little petals i am having 2 in baby pink and 2 in baby blue as i dont know the sex of the baby.
    Touch wood i will never have to go through thisagain but i plan to get a bigger design on my back incorporating some sort of reminder of my mum as well and thats where i would have stars for furutre children added however i woul get a pink and blue butterfly next time and to me its personal reminders to me and although not for everyone i think its nice...

I couldnt get an appointment until May though....

Lx
  • Options
    hi, ive got a tattoo on my wrist for my little star (see avatar)

its a star, with angel wings, and 4/10 in roman numerals,