Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

confused- need 1 af to ttc or not?

Hi all - I am a wee bit concerned about conflicting advice!!
I was told after MMC 8 weeks ago to wait for 3 months before trying again and was told if I caught again without at least 1 af there was a higher risk of another MC. This made sense when after 6 weeks I was still bleeding and I was told an AF would clear the debris. Bleeding has just stopped (after 8 weeks) but wasn't really enough to class as an AF???
Others seem to think the wait is unnecessary and I'm desperate to try again if it is safe......
Advice please ??:\(

Replies

• Hi, after my m/c I ended up falling straight after (no af) then had a bleed at 6 weeks. Went to epu and got scanned all was fine. The midwife then told me that each pg has the same risk of m/c even if the pg before ended in m/c. She said the reason they want you to wait at least 1 af is so you recover mentally/ physically and so they can date your pg. Good luck hope you get your bfp soon! xxxx
  • Hi
    I was told we could try right away, that waiting for AF didn't affect the chances of another MC. The nurse said she knew people who waited for AF & had another MC, people who waited for AF & were fine. People who got preg right away & were fine & people who had another MC. They say wait 3mths so you can recover mentally.

I waited for 1st AF just to feel my body had got back to normal.

Lots of luck

Helen x x