Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Still can't get over it

Hi all

I'm new to the site and just needed a shoulder to cry on.

I had a miscarraged on 28th Sept 09 at 14 weeks 6 days. I am stuggling to still come to terms that this happened to me and my OH works away from home alot so i'm home alone thinking alot when i'm not in work.

I was so looking forward to becoming a mum even thought i never planned to as most of my life with the OH involved cars and motorsport events.

My due date of what it would of been is coming up and don't know how i will feel about that day and how i am i gonna cope.

Thank you for listening to me.

Replies

• Hi I'm really sorry to hear about your mc - I am having my 3rd at the moment which would have been due on my 40th birthday so I am now dreading that.

You never forget about babies that you have lost and due dates are always diffficult. We wrote in a book when we had the first 2 which helped - just to get our feelings down on paper. Some people have a memory box or a piece of jewellery to remind them.

Would you consider counselling? I saw a counsellor after my first 2 mc and it helped to speak to someone.

Can you arrange to do something special on the due date? or maybe even plant a tree in memory.

Just remember that we are here to support you xx
  • Hi

Thank you for your post. I have written alot od poems and song lyrics to help me though and my OH bought me a ring with baby footprints on which i always wear.

I have had some counselling but i'm still strugglying.

I never thought of doing something special like planting a tree, sounds like a fab idea...thank you.

D xx