Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

eptopic/hcg? please help x

Hi ladies,

Im wondering of you can help? I'll try and keep it short (ive posted load already in the other forums!)

Here goes... I expereinced what i felt was a mc 2 weeks ago, (heavy bleeding and clots & cramps for 5 days) anyway doc's took 4 days to test bloods, i was feeling crappy during this time, finaly went back, and they told me my levels were still slightly high (but still only 34) she sent me for another test, but also said it was 'normal' to feel a bit crampy and bruised. 2 deys later i was told my hcg had risen a bit, (not quite double) and i was sent to epu. The doc there didnt seem to concerned and said looks okay for a 4 week preg (but i was supossed to be nearly 7!) he took my bloods again and said if they double great, if not i have to go back for scan... my bloods went up but again not quite double. They have now called me back for scan, but have made me wait 9 days! (i go on fri morning)

I know it doesnt look good as my levels are very very low, and also not quite doubling, i can only 3 things
* Im pregnant and got the dates wrong (dont think so, and also what about the bleed
* It's eptopic
*Ive got left over tissue from mc

Anybody got any ideas? anybody ever heard anything like this end well?

Any advice on any of the above would be really appreaciated, As you can imagine im all over the place.

Thankyou so much x

Replies

• With my ectopic my hcg levels were slightly rising but not doubling. I had pain but my levels were higher than yours so that could be why

They could see I wasn't miscarrying at the time as I had internals and my cervix was closed. Have you been offered this?

Is there any way you could ask them to bring the appointment forward? The bloods should be able to tell them a bit more in less than 9 days!

Remember, if there is any way the dates are wrong and you are just earlier than previously thought (they did suggest this to me aswell but sadly not) then plenty of women bleed in pregnancy with no other problems

xx
  • Hi ladies,

Thanks for your replies, sadly i started to MC again this morning and was in agony. Went to A&E cos i thought it was eptopic, they told me my levels were too low (which i have known all along!) but they still refused to scan me, so i have to go back in tomorrow to confirm everthing is out. (and rule out eptopic) im a bit cross about this cos its been 17 days since first heavy bleed and i feel they are putting me in danger (I am now 7 1/2 weeks)

I am obvioulsy gutted and i have all the same feelings as last time, 2moro they may be able to tell me if it was mulipltle preg. i feel so sad still and fed up with myself (and body!)

I have decided to stop next trying until next year now, i need to recover and want to try and enjoy christmas without worrying about testing, checking, and symptom spotting etc etc If i were to fall and then it go wrong again so soon i think i would lose the plot completely.

Good luck to you all, as i said previously, your bfp's are so well deserved. I will keep checking to see how your all getting on.

Gem xxx
  • Sad conclusion to all this...

I went in for scan yesterday and was told it WAS an ectopic! (which i have been suggesting to doc for weeks!!!) and it had burst and i was bleeding internally. I had to be admitted there and then and i was operated on last night, i spent the night in hospital and home tonight.

I feel like i have been run over! I have had 8 awful weeks and this has got to have been the worst ever conclusion. I havent cried yet, but i think im still in shock and my body is in recovery. I think this will take some time to get over. I had already decided to wait until the new year, but now i definalty have to wait at least 3 months. To be honest, this has been the scarest thing ever, it has taken the joy out of pregnancy for me, and ive been told my fertility has now reduced to 60% and ive got a 15% chance of it happening again! Im so sad.

My husband is lovely and would make a great dad, we are both nice, kind people, and we spend so much of our time helping others, baby sitting our neices and nephews and looking after our family and friends. It just seems so unfair. (Sorry, im very confused and cant stop thinking about how and why this has happended to us.. i know there are no answers, just feeling very emotional)

Im sure in a few days when im feeling less tired and sore, i'll get back on here and write a bit more.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Love Gem x
  • Hi Gem,
    I just wanted to say how very sorry I am that you have had such an awful time. Losing a much wanted baby is dreadful enough with out going through everything else as well. I hope you start to feel better soon and keep posting to let us know how you are doing emotionally.
    The most awful things always seem to happen to the loveliest people. There seems to be no justice in life some times. My thoughts are with you and your partner. Take care, lots of hugs. Lilou xx
  • Hi me again! your fertility is reduced?? did you lose your tube then?
    if you did i'd f**king sue the arse off of them had they listened to you in A&E that would not have happened.

I know bad things happen to good people, i'd love to know why too.

thinking of you hon. xx

K.

• Please look at this link from a question I asked on the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust forums:

http://www.ectopic.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=173936#173936

Also, did they look at your other tube sweetie? If there is nothing wrong with it there is no more reason for you to have another ectopic than anyone else. I know they tell you that your chances are higher, but that is more to do with any pre-existing problems, e.g. were both your tubes damaged due to pelvic infection? They checked my left tube while they were in there and said it looked fine

xx