Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

8 weeks pregnant and no fetal pole found???

hi, can anyone help i went for a early scan yesterday and was told that there is a gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole by the docs workin out i'm ment to be 8weeks 4 days pregnant, i've been told by my consultant this looks like a delayed miscarrage has anyone else experienced this please help if you can thanks you. The gestational sac is measuring 12mm. X:cry:

Replies

• Hi Kezzalyn,

So sorry to hear what you're going through.

I didn't experience what you did, I had a missed miscarriage at 14 weeks but just wanted to say that this forum isn't used too much and you might not get an answer. If you post in TTC after miscarriage/ectopic there are the loveliest ladies there that might be able to offer advice.

I hope you're ok, take care of yourself xxx
  • Hi there
    Sorry to hear your news.
    i had A missed Miscarriage at the 12 weeks scan and they said the same the sac was there but it was empty. I had an ERPC which i felt was the best option as it was relatively painless and i didnt have to pass anything. Also it had not come away by itself in 4 weeks so i felt it was the best option.

Have they discussed your options with you????
  • yeah i have gotta go back in 2 weeks to see whats happened and if anything has grown and discuss it properly then but i'm just keeping my fingers crossed they've got my dates wrong and the fetal pole just hasnt developed yet?? Thanks for your replies really appreciate them xxxx
  • Hi, so sorry to hear your news. I went through a similar thing. Click on my topics and you will see my thread I posted in Due in October, fear I may be leaving you, it was called.

I was told I was about 6 weeks when I was 9 weeks(!), (we booked an early scan as I thought by 9 weeks, you should be able to see a fair bit). Like you, they couldn't find a fetal pole either and I had to go back. I knew there was no way I could be 3 weeks out if you know what I mean. I unfortunately suffered a missed miscarriage and we are now trying again.

Really hope your story turns out successfully. Thinking of you. Take care. Zxx
  • Hi hun,

There is every chance they could have your dates wrong.

I was supposed to be 7 weeks when i found out but i knew i weren't as i had long cycles but the doc insisted on sending me for a scan early and lo and behold there was nothing there. The words miscarriage and ectopic were thrown right at me!

I went back 10 days later and there was a sac! (But the next day i mc'd anyway) However, the growth over the space of a week was immense so don't worry just yet. I think they're wrong to mention these things before they know for sure,

Please try and stay calm!

Lots of love
    xxx