Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I miscarried this morning

Hi Everyone,

I miscarried for the second time in 3 months today. Im obviously feeling yukky and im in agony at the minute. Just want this over and done with so I can get back to normality. Does anyone know if hospitals test for problems after 2 miscarriages?? I seem to remember the doctor saying they test after 3??

xxx

Replies

• heya sorry to hear of your loss hun.
    I think they only test after 3 mcs but it could still be worth asking ur dr neway.
    take care
  • hi there - am sooo sorry you are going through this again ... i think Luc86 is right its normally after 3 - but i would give you dr a call and chat about it - big hugs
  • Im sorry to hear your news, I think the norm is to carry out tests after 3 mc, but that might differ depending on the area. I hope you are as ok as you can be, rest lots and lots xxx
  • Hi, I've only just had one mc last week but I know what you been about being in agony and wanting to get back to normal asap. Don't know if the following helps, but I've just been to see my GP because I mc'd last week and when I saw her on Monday she said come back and ask if you have ANY questions.

Well I asked today about tests etc. She said they normally only test chromosomes after 2nd or 3rd pregnancy. I said I'd rather not wait till I've experienced the trauma of a 2nd and 3rd pregnancy before someone bothers to tell me there is something wrong with my chromosomes, so is there any way to request to have the test done NOW tyvm?? She said she sees my point. She has arranged for me to have a 'debriefing' at the hospital once they've analysed my foetal tissue (I hate how scientific and clinical they sound with these terms but I guess it helps them stay objective and do their and not get upset themselves). She says that when I go for the debriefing by the obstetrician or midwife, whoever does it, she sees no reason why I can't request to have the chromosome testing done.

That appointment should be in less than 2 weeks, so I will ask and get back to you. In the meantime, it sounds like it may be possible if you ask the right doctor; just thought I might share with you; hopefully it may give you some hope??

Lots of hugs

Atia