Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

it's all over...

hi everyone
i wnet back into hosp yesterday to have 2nd lot of medical management to try to empty my womb of leftover "products". as suspected, it didn't work and they kept me in for erpc which i had about 6.30pm. when i was in the recovery room i bled quite a bit so they kept me in overnight just to make sure bleeding calmed down. i was so upset when i came round as i didn't remember going to sleep and i suddenly realised that my baby was finally gone and that this was the end. it was so scary but now i am glad that i can start moving forwards as this has gone on for quite some time. the bleeding is really light now and i was just wondering how long it's likely to last. how long did you bleed after erpc?
xxx

Replies

• Options
    HI Lula-belle

Didn't have erpc so can't comment on how long my bleeding lasted. But just wanted to say I'm glad for you that things are over now and you can start to move forwards. It's terrible having it so dragged out.
    Take care hun. Big hugs xxx
  • Options
    thanks baby b
    i am so tired today after having hardly any sleep last night. i am going to take it easy then perhaps go to the gym next week sometime and start to look after myself a little better. i'm hoping the bleeding will have stopped by then as i had already lost lots when i first had med management. tak care xxx
  • Options
    Hi Baby B,
    When i had an erpc i bled for about 10 days aferwards & then had browny discharge. Hope that the bleeding doesn't last too long & you can start to move on. Hugs. Nat xxx
  • Options
    oh hun just to let you know i'm thinking of you. i'm glad that it is over so you can start to heal - although knowing it is over also made me more upset. but you will get better i promise you (although you will never forget)

i guess everybody is different so my experience of ERPC might not be the same as yours as you started bleeding beforehand. when i had mine, i woke up with hardly any blood, then it started when i stood up/started moving around, but it wasn't very heavy. i had AF and back pains that night, and my flow increased slightly over the next few days but it wasn't as bad as a heavy AF. i would keep thinking that i felt better and try to do things normal (like dash around, shopping etc) but then i would feel more blood come out of me (sorry tmi!) so that would remind me to take it easy. my bleeding lasted for about a week then i continued spotting for another week. at the end of that week (14 days post ERPC) when my final bit of blood went i think i had EWCM then i had AF 2 weeks after that...

also to note that my bleeding (not initially) was quite dark (not bright red)- i hadn't really seen that before.

i hope you feel better soon - we are all here for you.

big hugs xxxxx
  • Options
    thankyou both!
    to be honest, bleeding seems to have stopped completely and was incredibly light anyway. i'm hoping that as i bled lots beforehand and had a big bleed in the recovery room that it's almost over. only time will tell. worryingly i have no pain whatsoever - don't even feel tender. finding this really strange but again am hoping for the best! bet it comes and bites me on the bum when i least expect it!
    thankyou all for your support, i honestly could not have got throught is without your advice and support.
    good luck everyone.
    xxx