Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

good news after mmc

Hi everyone
I am just writing to say that i had mmc at end of Dec folllowed by ERPC and have just found out i'm pregnant again. I am excited but obviously really scared that history will repeat itself!

I had 1 af 39 days after ERPC and then on 39 days of 2nd cycle i got bfp. I thought it might help some of you to read this as i know after having my mmc i would cling to any positive story i read as i desperatly wanted to be pg again-please don't think i'm writing this to gloat. People had said to me you are more fertile after a miscarriage and it seems this was the case. I hope my story might give hope to some of you who have recently micarried. Wishing you all lots of luck Poppy xx

Replies

• Options
    Heya
    congratulations and best of luck for the next 9 months!!
    I had a mmc end of Jan and have just finished my first af so fingers crossed for the next few months. It's great to hear positive stories like yours so thanks for our post!!
    Take care and keep us updated with your progress.
    luc
    xx
  • Options
    Hi poppy 28

that is lovely news, so nice to hear some good news following your mmc. I also had a mmc in December and erpc, it is reassuring to know that someone in the same situation has had a hapy ending.
    My cycles are still a bit all over since the mmc first was 39 days then this month was 40 days before the mc they were 34 days. Just hoping that they don't keep getting longer. What were your cycles like before mc? I just don't know when I'm ov now as cycles are so much longer. I have started using a clear blue fertility monitor this month, so hopefully things will become a bit clearer very soon, currently on day 9.
    Sorry for all the questions, hope you have a very happy nine months. xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations poppy 28. My first af has just come today since my mmc beg of feb. fingers crossed i get bfp soon! hope everything goes okay xxx
  • Options
    Hi shrewpin, my cycles before i got pg first time were also quite long, my last one before getting pg was also 39 days, its a pain having such long cycles! i used ovulation tests this month, i started about day 20 and i got a positive on day 27 so we bd then and next few nights. Good luck i'm sure it will happen for you soon xx
  • Options
    Thanks poppy, going to see what happens with af this month (if I don't get a bfp he he!!) If its longer than 39 days I'm going to visit the doctors. I'm sure they'll just tell me it's normal but it's not normal for me! Really hope my monitor picks up ov this month, but as you have to start testing on day 6 and do 20 test, I think it may be too early. I hate all this waiting to see, it's driving me mad!! Good luck with your pregnancy. xxx