Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Really would like some help/advice please....Update.

Hi Ladies,

I am 6 weeks pregnant and over the weekend had a tiny bit of bleeding which started off red but by Sunday was brown. The blood was sort of streaked through my cm which was very like ewcm, and literally it was only a little bit but to be on the safe side we went to A&E. They booked us in for a scan so I went for that yesterday. Because I'm only 6 weeks the sonographer could see there was a pregnancy in my womb but it was too early for a heart beat, but what was there was consistent with a 5.5 to 6 week old pregnancy.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that I have to go back for another scan next Monday to see if the egg has grown. This week has been hell so far. I'm paranoid I'm losing the baby and so scared even though I know there's nothing I can do. I just wondered if anyone had been through this and could offer any advice?

Fingers crossed for the rest of the week anyway.....

I've been for the scan today and am relieved to say there was a heartbeat and everything looked fine, they think I'm 6+2 which isn't as far along as initially thought, but I'm fairly sure the hospital know a lot more than me!
Anyway, thanks for all your responses and support, it really helped when I needed it.
xxxxx

[Modified by: sallym on 21 April 2008 21:09:58 ]

Replies

• Options
    hi there.. sadly I have been through what you are going through - but sadly not with positive results... but that doesn't mean that you are going to have the same outcome.. Bleeding is incredibly normal in pregnancy... have you been having any pain at all..?? Cramping and bleeding combined is still common but not always good... But the fact that the dates and the size matches up is a very good sign... Easier said than done I know.. but if you can manage it... try not to get stressed..! I am sure you will go back and you will have some lovely news..
    Good luck..
    Annabel
  • Options
    i agree with annabel, i too had to go for 2 scans but in my case i was 9 weeks and it only measured 4-5 weeks whith no heart-beat so we knew something was wrong then, hope you get good news babe, just relax all you can and get your feet up, its no good stressing about it the docs know what they are doing good luck xxx
    amandaxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies girls, it's just hell having to wait until Monday! I wish I could know now. I think the most frustrating thing is that there is nothing I can do to stop a mc and if it's going to happen, it's going to happen.

Anyway, I'm crossing my finger, toes, legs etc that it'll be ok on Monday, I'll keep you all posted.
    xxxxxx
  • Options
    I hope you have good news.. I know what you mean that there is nothing you can do... I naturally miscarried again on Monday... and I have to say I am feeling quite positive although of course very sad... but what is not meant to be etc... a happy healthy pregnancy is what we all deserve..!
    Really good luck and I hope you get the positive news you deserve..
    xx