Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

is it normal??

hi everyone. i put a post on y-today as i lost my bean and today had a erpc.
the staff was wounder ful and couldnt help enough.
ive never cryed so much but feels good just to let t out.i have period like pains but not bad witch i was
expecting to be alot worse.im bleeding light and just wounderd if this was normal? or will i start to bleed heavy as the days go on? xx

Replies

• Options
    hi hun, i'm glad it went ok.

everyone is different. i know some people just bleed lightly and it's all over in a few days. for me, it was normal, then it got a bit heavier when i thought i was feeling better and started doing more things, which prompted me to slow down a bit. i bled for about a week, then spotted for a further week. but everyone is different.

hope it doesn't last long for you xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi, I'm so sorry to hear what has happened. The same thing happened to us last week, went for our scan and were told there was no heartbeat and our baby hadn't survived. I also had an erpc last wed, I bled for about 4 days then I thought it had stopped, but it started again really heavy on sunday. I phoned the hospital and they said this can be normal, and not to worry as long as I'm not passing any large clots. I'm still bleeding now but not too bad.

Today is the first day I've not cried, so think I must be starting to feel just a little bit better. I still feel empty inside, but I've stopped trying to make sense of why it happened as that was just upsetting me too much. People told me the pain would get easier, which is hard to believe when its all so raw like it is for you right now, but even after just a week I'm starting to see that there might be light at the end of the tunnel so just let yourself cry as much as you need to, and know that we're all here for you whenever you need us.

Love and hugs to you and your oh,

Caroline xxx