Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ERPC

Hi,

I'm new to this all just feel as though I need to chat to people,
Although I am not on my own I have the full support of my partner but I feel like I need to talk to people that have been through the same thing.

I found out 2 weeks ago tomorrow that I had MC. I found out I was pregnant around 5 weeks and was over the moon. Then 2 weeks ago at around 7 weeks I started bleeding but with no pain...I just knew I had lost the baby and me and my partner were devestated, I had to go to the EPU which confirmed my fears.

I have since had another scan and now been told that I will need an ERPC. I am so scared but am putting on a front for people (I don't know why). This was my first pregnancy and although it sounds very silly I feel as though I am being punished for some reason.

I would like to talk to people that have been through the same thing and would like some advice on ERPC if anyone could help me please,

Thanks for taking time to read my post....sorry it is so long!

Sam xx

Replies

• Hi Sam, I am so so sorry hunny that this has happened to you.

I mc'd 6 weeks ago now. I was 10 weeks gone. I didnt have an ERPC.

I completely understand what you are feeling. And I also felt like I was being punished.

It will be hard hunny, you will have good days and bad.

I found this site amazing and the girls so supportive.

• Thank you Kitty, so sorry to hear you MC too...you just don't realise how many people it does happen to.

I've got to have my ERPC tomorrow so having a bit of a bad day today!!

I found the site great so far and I've only been on here a day. Its just nice to talk to people that know what I'm going through.

xx
  • I found that I feel at times very alone (eventhough hubby is amazing)...the ladies on here make you realise that you are not alone and you share all the same anxieties and stresses.

Let us know how you get on after yr ERPC. Best of luck hunny. x
  • Thanks hun.

Hopefully everything goes as well as it can xx
  • Hi Hilly,
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I had an ERPC 3 weeks ago on Thursday so I am happy to answer any questions you have about it.
    Hope you are okay. Don't worry about the procedure, it will be fine but ask away any queries!
    Lilou x
  • Hi Sam
    I had an ERPC today.I went into hospital at 8 was in theatre by 9 or just after and DH came to get me at 10ish.

Like you I was very nervous and scared last thing I remember was me crying before I got put to sleep,then I woke up talking about my sisters wedding.
    I have been at home on the sofa relaxing which has been nice. Have been bleeding abit since I got home but nothing as bad as the last few days were, and haven't had any pain.

All the staff were friendly and reassuring,which I found put me at ease.

Sam I am sure you will be fine and please let us know how you get on.

Sharmaine.xx
  • Hi Sam!

I had a MMC @ 13 weeks, 8 weeks ago! I also had the ERPC, before the op I was really scared, but it's nothing to worry about! I understand how you feel, but try not to blame youself, it's not your fault!!

My ERPC was 8 weeks ago, & I've just got my BFP!

xxx
  • Hi Sam

So sorry to hear of your loss. Welcome to the forum though honey. There is always some of us here to listen and respond to you.

I had an erpc nearly 3 weeks ago after I had a mmc at 10wks, which turned into an incomplete mc over the next few days before surgery. I was quite upset going in for surgery but it was something I wanted to have done to help me move forward more quickly. I made that decision after being on this forum and listening to other girls' experiences. Some of the girls went through it naturally and some had the whole process drawn out and also some pain that went with it. Others had the erpc and it was then done. This helped me make the decision to have it and also I couldn't bare the thought of losing our loved one down the loo. But we all made our decisions that were best for us.

The op really is very simple. I was quite upset going into theatre and I cried for my baby as soon as I woke up and then back up in my room. It was a very sad day but it's all part of the grieving process that we all must endure. But you do get through it.

Some girls bleed straight after, some don't (I barely did at all). Some bleed again a week or so later, and some don't (again, I hadn't bled at all). 2 weeks later I did start to spot and am bleeding still now, quite dark but light.

All in all though I have no regrets about having the surgery.

Don't blame yourself or punish yourself for anything. It is a natural thing to think at some stage though, we've all done it too. You just ask yourself why and you want some answers. But know that it isn't anything you have done. Please remember this strongly as people can be known to say the worst things to you without meaning to hurt you. They all mean well but some people don't know what not to say, let alone what to say. What got me through was thinking that if I hadn't lost our little angel when we did, or if our angel had kept fighting to survive, then it would have only been harder down the line and we may have then needed to make some really tough decisions. This way, it was decided for us. We all deal with things in our own way so try to hold onto something that gives you strength and just take each day at a time.

We are all here for you so come back anytime to talk.

xxx

Sharmaine - I hope you're feeling ok after your surgery today love. I'll try to find your other post. Rest up well honey. xx
  • I am so sorry for your loss.

I had a mc at 10 1/2 weeks three and a half months ago. I can really relate to feeling like you are being punished. I then had another mc at almost 5 weeks 10 days ago. And the thought that I am being punished for something has gotten even worse.

Good luck with your ERPC and remember that we are always here to talk to.

Take care, NN xx
  • Thank you so much everybody for all your kind words...I am so sorry to hear of your losses.

It really helps to know that there are people that know exactly what I'm going through.

You have all been so helpful already.
    I will let you know tomorrow how I get on. Thank you all so much again xx
  • Hi everyone,

Had the ERPC today and you were all right it wasn't as bad as I thought.
    I got to hospital about 12:30 and went and had it done around 2ish and was home by 4:30. I have been bleeding quite heavy since I've been home with a bit of pain but nothing to bad....Is this normal?

Sharmaine how are you feeling today? I hope your feeling ok?

Can anyone let me know how long the bleeding will last?

Thanks for all your help everyone xxx
  • Hi Hilly

I can't help you with your questions as I didn't have ERPC but wanted to say that I am glad it went ok and wasn't as bad as you were expecting. I am sure someone will be along soon who can answer your questions :\)

Take care, NN xx
  • Hi Hilly,
    Really glad to hear you are home and feeling not too bad. I bled like a period for 24hrs post op, then stoped then started again 4 days later, bled for another 24hrs like a period and nothing since.
    I had period type cramping and some sharper pains for 2 days post op. Used paracetamol, ibuprofen and hot water bottles for them. But everyone is different and if you are feeling well then that's great! I think it depends how enlarged your uterus was, depending how far along you were as to how much cramping you get as your uterus contract back down to normal size.
    Hope you get a good nights sleep, take care. Lilou x
  • Glad you are feeling ok and that you're back out of hospital already. It took me all day to be released cos I get really low blood pressure after anaesthetic! But that's just me.
    The bleeding can vary from person to person. I think most girls bleed for up to a week after, then it stops, and starts again a week later. I didn't have any bleeding at all but started spotting a week ago for the first time (2 wks after my erpc). So it really does vary. Just take each day as it comes. You will get to know your own body and how it is dealing with it. Try not to overdo it too soon.
    I also got some sharp pains for about 2 days after surgery but they were nothing to worry about as it's normal.
    Take it easy honey, rest up well. And remember we are all here for you xx