Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long???

Hi all,

Not posted on here yet....i had a mc 11 weeks ago today, i was 5 weeks. It actually happened on the day we had our wedding party for all the family as we'd married in Mauritius. Anyway, i've still not had a period yet. I saw my GP 2 weeks ago and he didn't seem concerned, just said to go back at the end of August if nothing's happened then. He wasn't my usual, female, GP. He just seemed so blaise about it all. I just want my body back to normal. I've been temping (as i have done since January...helped us get our BFP in April) and it's all over the place.

Seems 4-6 weeks after mc is normal for periods to resume, but i'm still waiting....:\(

Lottie x

Replies

• oh no hun i'm sorry to hear of your mc, especially as it was at your wedding party. sorry to hear you are waiting so long for your AF. I'm assuming you haven't been ttc during that time? (just wanted to rule out the possibility you could be pg)

if you can i would try and see your female GP - a second opinion can't hurt. and she might be more understanding.

good luck hun - hope you get your period (or some answers) soon

we're all here for you xx

• Thanks mrs_e,

No, not ttc'ing and done some tests, all neg! also charting and my temps are waaaaaaaay to low to be pg but still POAS to check lol.

Yeah think i'm going to get a second opinion. Just so scared something's gone horribly wrong in there.

I know there's never a 'nice' or 'ggod' time to have a mc, but it just seemed doubly hard being on that day. But nevermind, these things happen and i just hope my body gets back to its old self again soon!

Thanks again xxx
  • hiya hun sorry to hear of your loss i had a miscarriage on april 8th i was 12+3.
    i didnt have my first period until june 20th, (which was 10-11 weeks after m/c)
    and i must have fell pgt as soon as it had finished im 5-6 weeks now!dont worry your body just needs time to recover properly after the terrible trauma it has been through im sure your body will get back to normal when it is ready, im sure there is nothing to worry about.
    take care melimage