Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Feeling really wrong for feeling like this.

hello...

just wanted to say thanks to this forum the support of evryone is immense! sometimes its easier to speak to people 1. that have experienced but 2. over here has face to face is harder.

anyway just wanted to get a thanks in there..

i miscarried in september and all thugh it gets easier i still think about it everyday and because i am only eighteen none of my friends really understand aswell as you guys all tho they try!

anyway lately everytime a friend or a member of my family announce they are pregnant i always seem to feel reall jealous and end up feeling really happy for them but at the same time wonderng why they are going on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies and i didnt?

feel rather bad for feeling jealous towards people im supposed to love and care for.

just wondering if any of you guys felt like this after? and also if anyone knows i keep hearing rumours that you are most fertile after a MC anyone know if its true??

thanks.

KT x

Replies

• Hi there,
    I think it is kind of natural to feel like that, we are only human after all and can't help how we feel, dont feel bad about yourself it is not as if you wishing anything bad on your family/friends. Miscarriage is a hard thing to deal with and it is only natural for you to feel jealous of other prgenancies I know I do.

I have heard that you are fertile after mc as well, from what I have read it is the first month or so after but to be honest you never really know as everyone is differen.

Take care
  • We lost our lo in October 2006 and I then found out in the January that my best freind of all time was also pregnant and she was 5 months gone before she realsied-exactly how pregnant we should have been.
    I was over the moon for her as she had taken a while to concieve but sadly we haven't seen each other or spoken since. I haven't met her son, just too hard and she hasn't met our lo. I think it is sooooo normal to feel this way but don't make the mistake I made and cut people out of your life. I was a total idiot! x
  • aww thanks for te info guys becasue im only 18 my friends dont really know what to say 2 me really becasue they havent been through it... this site has been amazing though! yeh maybe its just our normal reactions that we cant help. xx
  • Hey Katie i m/c a few weeks ago and ever since, everywhere i look, all i see is babies, healthy happy pregnant women, prams and baby stuff, It still hurts alot and i make myself look away and pretend its not there, i get jealous aswel a little bit but then thats replaced with an overwhelming, sad, empty feeling. My friends are the same, everyone has the same thing to say bless em, but here you can proper open up and just write everything down (or type rather!)

Everyone has been great on here

*hug*

Xxx
  • yeh like ive said before this is so helpful at 1st when i was 1st pregnant i thought this site was just for mums and didnt know about the different topics really helped! XxX