Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

doctors

i miscarried a week and a half ago, so didn't go to work last week. Tried to go to work on monday but was sent home as just wasn't ready to be there. My boss told me not to worry about going back to work this week. Went to see Dr today as need a sick note, i explained everything and he said "well i suppose you want a sick note then" he really wasn't very nice or very understanding. I feel very hurt that he was like this i thought he would be more supportive. I guess the only good thing is that there are more dr's that i could see at the practise, so that will be the first and last time i see him. :evil:

Replies

• I'm sorry to hear that some drs can be so rude. I had a mc 5 weeks ago fri and I had 2.5 weeks off work. This is now my 3rd week back in work and it's still really hard. Take your time to go back and don't worry about it. It's important to come to terms with your loss fully before even thinking about going to work.
    I had 2 months off work with depression last year so the only reason Iv'e gone back so soon is cos I did'nt have much sick leave left!!
    I'm going to see a councilor next week to help me cope with the massive ammount of emptines I'm feeling right now.
    So anyways don't worry bou dr and you just look after yourself.
    Take Care
    Luc
    XX
  • Not all docs are the same. My mum's doc signed me off no questions and then my doc signed me off - without me asking. I was still bleeding heavily and he prescribed me something and made me come back later in the week. You do have a choice - go and see another doc at the practise. Lentil
  • So sorry to hear about your mc.

Don't be pressured into returning to work before you're ready. I returned to work three weeks ago after being signed off in Sept, initially because of PG related sickness but have had 2 mc since. There is no right thing for everyone, everyone is different. If you know you're not ready to go back, take whatever time you need sweetie, build up your strength and positive feelings before you resume normal activity.

Def see another doctor next time. Chin up xxxxxxxxxxx
  • hi ladies thanks for your support, i know there are nicer dr's at the surgery but was just so shocked at how he spoke to me, dh says that i should complain about him, but i just don't want to cause more problems. I think i am going to try to go back to work next week, i have a very supportive boss which will make it easier and i had a big long talk with my mum today so feel better, once againthanks for the support xx
  • Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Take care xxxxxxxxx