Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Phantom Pregnancy..

After 8months of trying for a child i found out i was pregs... yayyy i was so happy, image
One week later i had a meeting with the midwife, every thing went well. image

After i went home and started to bleed... i was so upset,..
I rang my GP they arranged for a scan at the Early Preg Unit the following monday... :\(

The Bleed... lasted only 4-5 days nothing much..

The Scan.... On the scan all they could see was a sac... all tho i was only around 6 weeks gone it was not looking good, they offerd me a D&C there and then.... i did not have it as if there was a slight chance of the baby devoleping, i had to give it another week or to, :\?

At home my bleeding stoped, still feeling sick and every thing, there was no pain or clots, so was happy and hopefull....

2nd Scan..... I went into the scan room.... it seemed like 20mins befor i was told anything.... NOTHING IS THERE NO SAC NO BABY... Everything had gone.... I crumbeld....
As they sat me down to talk, i didnt no what to think, no pain not a lot of blood, where has it gone...

They told me it was a PHANTOM PREGNANCY that is why i had no pain ect...
As it was only monday I found out it was a Phantom Pregnancy im still well i dont know.. :cry::\?

Replies

• I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. I had a mmc in January. In no way do I want to belittle what you are going through. I know it must be so hard. But at least there wasn't a baby there to lose.

I can understand you get the joy of a +ve pg test etc, to be told you're not actually pg. I was also trying for 8 months before I got pg the first time.

I really hope you can take this post the way it is meant....that you are going through a loss, but of a slightly different kind.

I hope you will feel able to move on soon, and ttc again when you are ready. xx

14+4
  • Thankyou for your reply.... i am still abit fuzzled.... but i am getting over the fact that there was nothing there... image thanks again... x
  • It will take time, and you shouldn't rush yourself. xx

15+1
  • Hi
    Don;t know much about this but just wanted to say it sounds a very difficult experience to go through, I really hope things get easier soon and you can start to make sense of it
    Daisyx